Sign in to follow this  
anden145

PSXseeconTraffic and parked aircrafts...?

Hi Nico,

Thanks alot for the help last time 🙂

I have a question, which isn't really a problem, but more in the line of trying to understand what and why lies to the ground of PSXseeconTraffic chooses parked aircrafts, and which model goes with it?

For instance - currently I'm sitting at EKCH tower and are spotting two Boeing 747-400 from British Airways. They're parked at the correct terminal and correct gates - but I'm fairly certain, that British Airways aren't using Boeing 747-400 between Copenhagen and Heathrow/London. I checked the logs, and it's not an error with the model (I think it's supposed to be an Airbus A320 or A319) but PSXseeconTraffic has chosen this model intentionally. Yesterday, I also found an Boeing 747-400 from Thai Airways - which is suppose (I guess) to be a 777... either way - since there's not any current data of parked aircrafts, how does PSXseeconTraffic determine which model to use? And how are parked aircrafts determined when and which aircrafts are displayed? Is it random or does it know that for instance in one or two hours a British Airways are going to be departing, so it'll spawn a random model from that airlines at a gate where that airline has a parking code associated? 

Do you follow me? 🙂

Thanks again for all your dedication and support!

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

51 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I have a question, which isn't really a problem, but more in the line of trying to understand what and why lies to the ground of PSXseeconTraffic chooses parked aircrafts, and which model goes with it?

Hi Anders,

The live aircraft are matched based on an 8 step process, you can read how in the Manual chapter 7. It all depends on how many liveries you have how good the matching will be. But you will never see a 744 match upon a A320...

However, the parked static aircraft that you see are determined by the information in the airport file. So if you are using a file generated by PPG with the checkbox Generate [Airline, Aircraft type] options .... checked you may see strange airline + type combinations because PPG is only guessing... 

However, if you let PPG generate an airport file with parking positions only, so no Airline,Aircraft options, PSXT will add correct Airline,Aircraft types on the fly based on real live data. Then you will never see a BAW 744 at EKCH. 

The parked aircraft  are randomly chosen based on the percentage you want, the time of the day, the hours information in the airport file and whether a parked aircraft was in fact an arriving live aircraft or not. If it was it is called a "stayer" and it will stay a little longer at a gate until it makes it's return flight (is indicated in the log file).

Hope this makes things more clear.

If you have FlyTampa EKCH for P3Dv4, you better start with my EKCH.xml file. Download the zip. Unzip and put the xml file in PSXseeconTraffic\Parked_airports

Regards,

Nico

FYI: parked aircraft have a callsign with a traling underscore.

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

Ah okay - very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

So I'll try out your XML file, then (is that generated using PPG without generated Airline, Type etc?). 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

29 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi Anders,

The live aircraft are matched based on an 8 step process, you can read how in the Manual chapter 7. It all depends on how many liveries you have how good the matching will be. But you will never see a 744 match upon a A320...

However, the parked static aircraft that you see are determined by the information in the airport file. So if you are using a file generated by PPG with the checkbox Generate [Airline, Aircraft type] options .... checked you may see strange airline + type combinations because PPG is only guessing... 

However, if you let PPG generate an airport file with parking positions only, so no Airline,Aircraft options, PSXT will add correct Airline,Aircraft types on the fly based on real live data. Then you will never see a BAW 744 at EKCH. 

The parked aircraft  are randomly chosen based on the percentage you want, the time of the day, the hours information in the airport file and whether a parked aircraft was in fact an arriving live aircraft or not. If it was it is called a "stayer" and it will stay a little longer at a gate until it makes it's return flight (is indicated in the log file).

Hope this makes things more clear.

If you have FlyTampa EKCH for P3Dv4, you better start with my EKCH.xml file. Download the zip. Unzip and put the xml file in PSXseeconTraffic\Parked_airports

Regards,

Nico

FYI: parked aircraft have a callsign with a traling underscore.

Where did you get your EKCH.xml? It looks very detailed - and quite a lot larger than the other ones, I've come across... 🙂

Thanks for sharing. Seems to be working better... did you do it by hand?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

11 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

So I'll try out your XML file, then (is that generated using PPG without generated Airline, Type etc?). 

Indeed, and PSXT has added live data: 67 gates have in total 503 (Airline+type) options, and there are 1490 hours defined.

You will recognize a real Kastrup airport! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for sharing. Seems to be working better... did you do it by hand?

No, that goes automatically by PSXT... You will notice that if you run PSXT with EKCH it will gradually add new data, that will go on "forever" until there is no new info.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Amazing! So I'll just run the PPG without it guessing anything, and then PSXT will automatically add data to the XML file, as time goes by? 

That's just amazing! 

Thanks alot, Nico for the help.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

4 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

So I'll just run the PPG without it guessing anything, and then PSXT will automatically add data to the XML file, as time goes by? 

Yes indeed, for any airport in the world, if aircraft have their transponder on on the ground.

At my site I have a few airport files available.

Edited by kiek

8 minutes ago, kiek said:

Yes indeed, for any airport in the world, if aircraft have their transponder on on the ground.

At my site I have a few airport files available.

Nice. Have you linked that somewhere...? I'm intrigued... 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

34 minutes ago, kiek said:

At the bottom of my My site

Oh darn... in plain sight! Thanks, Nico.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--