Sign in to follow this  
moses66

Only in certain airports

Why? Why? Why? Only on certain airports, some are sceneries add ons (KLAX), some are default sceneries (PHNL, KMHT, maybe more) during takeoffs or landing P3D crashes to the desktop without displaying any message. Loosing my mind here

Thank you for trying to help

What is the P3D version? V3 or V4?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the version. Was there heavy weather involved in the flights? Did you disable the two dll.xml's? The dll.xml's load modules that may not be compatible with your version of P3D. For instance the fsuipc utility will throw this crash but, for the most part, it will work then cause a crash then work on the next flight. If you have an AI program,  an incompatible AI will cause this type of crash as it nears your aircraft.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) for more info.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for your reply

No heavy weather, just the default  (fair weather) Read about the dll.xml's files. It says it is relevant if it crashes before loading the scenery. As for mt it crashes while starting a takeoff or landing or even when just flying above the certain points. Also don't have any other AI program. Loosing my mind with it. VERY frustrating 

Yes, all crashes are very frustrating and the ones I get take at least a month before I find the problem.  With my current system, I had several and it took me 4 months to get it all figured out.  Turned out to be a bad stick of memory.  At first I thought it was a bad motherboard with bent pins under the CPU.  It does not look good for your problem to be fixed. 

I think you can discount the airports being the causes of your crashes as it happens at several airports, addons and default.  You'll just have to follow my suggestions on page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide, on how to fix almost all CTD's in P3DV4.4 and investigate it.  If that does not fix it, then you have a serious system or Windows problem and that's where it may take a month or two to diagnose.  Last resort is to reformat your HDD's and reinstall Windows, then all of your applications including P3DV4.4, and then all of your add-ons.

Submit News to AVSIM