Sign in to follow this  
mooki

Blurry terrain please help

hello! my name is Ido Atzmon and I have purchased FSX SE About 3 years ago. I had a really fun time with it. before 2weeks something with my sim went wrong.. I had a lot of add-ons and everything was running great!. good fps and everything. but before 2 weeks the game started to look weird. my terrain is blurry. only a small area at the airport I go to is not blurry and looking right. I tried everything in the forums I am super mad about the fact that I have terrain it's just so blurry. at every airport I land at the scenery I have installed is covered by the ugly blurry terrain. I will appreciate so much if you can help me it means so much to me!
I think the problem is that the pc can't load all the textures fast enough.. it did before. but now everything is blurry. I bought a lot of add-ons for my flight sim but now I have no idea what to do.

what I tried to do: delete fsx.cfg
delete scenery.cfg
reinstall fsx from steam
change the settings. 

my pc: (not the best pc but it worked very good without this problem)
windows 7 
intel core i3 3.30 GHz
4gb ram
64bit

I have noticed the textures are now slowly loading but not fast enough for it to look good
taking about 20secs for the blurry terrain to be the normal one. (this picture was taken with the lowest scenery settings in fsx)

Let's skip the night shots!  What does it look like in the daytime?  My first guess is your Graphics card is going paws up!😱

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Let's skip the night shots!  What does it look like in the daytime?  My first guess is your Graphics card is going paws up!😱

thank you so much for responding!!!!

daytime: http://prntscr.com/naqe02

Also they are loading but very very very slow... they were never loading that slow 😞

Edited by mooki

Are you an orbiting space station?  Shots from on the ground or from in your aircraft flying around.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Are you an orbiting space station?  Shots from on the ground or from in your aircraft flying around.

I am using the top down view in FSX To show you it

How high up was your Blue Angel's aircraft?  Now a quick pic sitting at what ever airport you started from.

Charlie Aron

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

How high up was your Blue Angel's aircraft?  Now a quick pic sitting at what ever airport you started from.

it doesn't matter what is my alt but I started from LOWW And its looking great! about 30nm from there the graphics are looking very bad for all the world

OK, you are in Austria.  Are you using any global scenery packages?  I don't need any more screenshots and you also don't have to quote me every time.  List all of your Addon scenery packages, if any.  Are all of your scenery areas checkmarked in your Scenery Library?

You said, in your first post, that you had a lot of addons.  Keep in mind that most addon scenry packages require certain Mesh and other settings to show accurately.

Charlie Aron

right. so I uninstalled fsx and right now I have no add-ons... everything is activated in the scenery library

now the mountains take ages to load... help? do I need to change something in my FSX? CFG File?

When you have a lot of addon scenery being loaded that has photo scenery, you will see the effects you are seeing.  Photo scenery loads no matter where it is located in the world.  So, you could be flying over Europe but, if you have photo scenery enabled in the USA such as Orbx Regions, then your sim will not be able to render them fast enough ever.  It will also take a long time to load a flight scenario.  I do not know a thing about i3 CPU's except they are not very good for FSX.  You can try disabling all of your addon scenery except the scenery you will be using.  If you have photo scenery in your flight plan then expect the worse as photoscenery does not load very fast.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10