Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Carenado ATR42-500 Announced

Good news!.

Carenado has just announced its ATR42-500 project, for FSX and P3D. Look at the Carenado Channel in YouTube.

So, it´ll probably beat Milviz by getting first to the market with the ATR.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A nice surprise, but in all honesty, without including any of the other types, personally I'm not too sure I'd be willing to go for it. Particularly considering the rather light simulation of the systems that Carenado tends to do. That's the only reason Iv'e not jumped on their B1900, Saab or Fokker 50 yet...

• Upvote 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Are people really still wasting money on Carenado junk?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Matt Wilson

Well they used to be pretty good. What has changed?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

2 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

The absolute best texture representation on the cockpit and the exterior models, high definition, excellent detail. Systems wise, not very good.

Carenado's aircraft are for people who enjoy the the exterior and interior views and don´t want to read over too many pages of manuals, and want to put the aircraft in the air with simplicity.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

Nothing changed really. When they started there weren't many other developers GA aircraft to compare them to. Now we have A2A, Milviz, Vertx to name a few.

Oh ok. Well i just looked at the trailer for the ATR and does look ok. I miss not having a ATR in the hanger. The last one i had was the Flight1 and that bird was ok 🙂

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

I like Carenado planes, Some are better than others, but that goes for all addon developers I would think.

They obviously still have a strong market or they wouldn’t be around.

They are a decent representation of the aircraft that they model and are definitely geared towards the folks who like things a little simpler and just like to just get going in a hurry sometimes 🙂

Just my two cents, and the ATR looks nice too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Particularly considering the rather light simulation of the systems that Carenado tends to do. That's the only reason Iv'e not jumped on their B1900, Saab or Fokker 50 yet...

FWIW, the Saab is really nice, what it might lack in systems depth is a matter I don't wish to debate, but it flies well, and has a great VC, visual model, and animations.  I guess it all boils down to what kind compromises you're willing to make in order to fly AC types that interest you. Personally, I have no interest in the ATR, so i'll likely pass on it as well.

• Like 1

Carenado is still one of the best product developers for flight simulation (Alabeo too).  There are two or three "experts" who disagree they make good stuff because their computer does not work properly when they can't get the product to work the way it works in real life (flight simulation is a simulation of the real thing).  Some of their products are second to none as the modelling is near perfection IMHO.  Lockheed even allowed some of their aircraft to be installed as default aircraft in previous versions of P3D (who in their right mind at Lockheed would allow Carenado to have a couple pieces of aircraft garbage installed in their program?).  They even allowed other developers, like MILVIZ, to install some of their products in P3D as the default aircraft but I always had problems with MILVIZ stuff as I'm not a very good chopper pilot. I'm glad Carenado pretty much stays with general aviation aircraft with awesome textures inside and outside. When there are issues with a Carenado product, they usually issue an update as soon as it is known (but not fast enough for some as they demand it fixed NOW!!).  I remember when many members were getting CTD's with Carenado aircraft but it was not the fault of Carenado but Lockheed techs discovered a programming error and they fixed it in the next update to P3D and the Carenado aircraft worked again without error.  Carenado aircraft systems are some of the best but, like other aircraft addons, there is an occasional bug where the product does not work exactly like in real life but it is usually fixed after the anomaly is brought to Carenado's attention. 

I try to enjoy this hobby as much as possible as it has great educational and entertainment value.  I don't like to buy a product and become a beta tester for the product as it was released after a lot of testing.  This is usually the first objective when someone buys a product like MILVIZ or Carenado.  They'll immediately beta test it to be the very first one to find faults with the aircraft as they do not want an addon company to be successful.  Usually they'll have several minor issues that they post that, in the end, were minor and easily fixed.  You can go into the Carenado forums here at AVSIM and see some of the issues some are discussing.  As you will see, many have major issues, others do not see the issue and enjoy the aircraft they just bought. 

So, do not listen to the "experts" who think Carenado products are not very good because, IMHO, they work great and look great and so do many others.  If you want something very close to reality, buy a Carenado product (or buy two).  I look forward to the release of the ATR 42-500.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 13

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm just waiting for the EMB-120. I will probably never buy another addon plane again after their release.

Keith Guillory

Carenado C206 was the first addon plane I brought and it was because I wanted it for using in FSEconomy.  thanks to Carenado, many of the planes for FSE have great visual models as FSE focuses heavily on GA. The best thing to happen to Carenado is Reality Expansion Packs as they take a great plane and make them amazing. I have many of Carenado and Alabeo planes but have stopped buying new ones as I have focused heavily on quality of just a few planes over quantity but I will always seriously look at the Carenado plane when SimCoders releases a new REP for one of their planes.  As simmers we benefit from two different companies working together to make one plane where they both bring to the table the areas they shine in.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ident said:

As simmers we benefit from two different companies working together to make one plane where they both bring to the table the areas they shine in.

One of the great things in the Flight Simulation Community are those who develop video reviews of products.  AVSIM does many reviews too but I like the ones on YouTube where someone who is familiar with an aircraft will do a short or long review of the product and run a test flight.  This is where I look first if I have a question about a product.  For instance, there were many upset with the EMB 100 or 300 released by Carenado.  Some could not get the G1000 to work but, when reviewing a video at YouTube, the reviewer had no issues or would note the potential problem and show a workaround in hopes Carenado will release a fix soon.  These reviewers are sometimes critical of Carenado aircraft too but they show a lot of enjoyment in flying the aircraft from Point A to Point B and using the automated systems.  I like watching these videos too for learning how to operate the aircraft correctly.  One of the things many have problems with when buying a Carenado or Alabeo aircraft is the lack of documentation.  When you have an 1000 page plus manual for PMDG aircraft and only 2-3 page documentation for Carenado aircraft, one gets a bit excited.  But the G1000 works the same in one aircraft as it does in another so no reason to provide a 1000 page document that details how this gauge works.  I have finally learned the various aspects of the G1000 and it is quite enjoyable when programming a flight.  But it does not come easy.  There are a lot of things to learn but then, that's what this hobby is all about... the educational and enjoyment aspects.

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10