Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Carenado ATR42-500 Announced

It would also make sense that they make the 500 variant since MilViz is currently developing the 600, which makes folks who want both variants, of course, some folks won't be too pleased with the quality of Carenado's variant being less of a systems developed aircraft.

It would be an awesome offering if a company like SimCoders for XP did something with Carenado/Alabeo models for FSX/P3D

• Upvote 3

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

3 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Are people really still wasting money on Carenado junk?

I feel the need to clarify.  I am mainly referring to the FSX/P3D models.  I do have the new Baron for XP11 with the REP pack and it is very very good.

Matt Wilson

Carenado does a pretty good job with GA aircraft.  Their glass cockpits are O.K.  Synthetic vision for th G1000 is nice.  Their FMCS suck -- absolute junk.  However the Carenado FMC can be replaced with the GTN750 -- not ideal, but acceptable.  Someday a third party developer will develop a good FMC for Carenado and Alabeo aircraft.  Maybe Carenado will make one?

The Milviz is going to have a high price point.  When it comes to comparing a $40 Carenado model with a $100 plus Milviz model, the Carenado model will look much better.

• Like 1

The Carenado Saab is perfectly fine when combined with the GTN750. Regarding visuals, Carenado is top, their planes look absolutely awesome and at least they get the proportions right (unlike VirtualCol...). However, selecting the ATR is a slight disappointment to me... I would have loved to see other turboprop commuters first as Milviz already working on an ATR, this smells again like creating a competition where nobody wants competition...

Why not a Saab 2000? Why not a DO-328? Why not even a Dash-8 full series including all variants for those that do not want to spend a lot of time to learn the excellent Dash-8 from Majestic Software?

And I am pretty sure that the ATR 72 will never arrive. Otherwise they could have already been working on a Saab 2000 in addition to the SF340.

Besides that, the ATR will be a insta-buy for me, as my regional airliners hangar is still almost empty.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

For those with past experience - what can we expect from Milviz systems-wise?

I am waiting for a good ATR.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

25 minutes ago, Shomron said:

For those with past experience - what can we expect from Milviz systems-wise?

I am waiting for a good ATR.

According to Colin, founder and CEO of Milviz, the systems will be very completely simulated. To the level of accuracy suitable for real world pilot familiarization and practice. They have apparently already been approached by a carrier about professional purchase. 

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

this smells again like creating a competition where nobody wants competition...

I'm not an insider of all this, but experience suggests this only smells two projects which were decided maybe 2 years ago at least, with each company keeping their ongoing projects in secrecy for obvious reasons, and both projects revealed roughly at the same time just because they've matured to reach release point roughly at the same time by pure chance.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 minutes ago, yurei said:

According to Colin, founder and CEO of Milviz, the systems will be very completely simulated. To the level of accuracy suitable for real world pilot familiarization and practice. They have apparently already been approached by a carrier about professional purchase. 

Nice and if I recall correctly he was also the lead developer of the TFDI 717?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

44 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Nice and if I recall correctly he was also the lead developer of the TFDI 717?

Different Colin

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Different Colin

🙄

Shom

19 hours ago, edpatino said:

The absolute best texture representation on the cockpit and the exterior models, high definition, excellent detail. Systems wise, not very good.

Carenado's aircraft are for people who enjoy the the exterior and interior views and don´t want to read over too many pages of manuals, and want to put the aircraft in the air with simplicity.

Cheers, Ed

And there’s nothing wrong with that imho. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

That's why their 337 Skymaster is a lovely little thing IMHO.. (FSX:SE user here. I can't comment on how it is in P3D)

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

19 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

FWIW, the Saab is really nice, what it might lack in systems depth is a matter I don't wish to debate, but it flies well, and has a great VC, visual model, and animations.  I guess it all boils down to what kind compromises you're willing to make in order to fly AC types that interest you. Personally, I have no interest in the ATR, so i'll likely pass on it as well.

I think we all know and agree that Carenado aircraft look beautiful inside and out, so there's a little to discuss on that topic. Now, despite the fact that you said you don't wish to debate it, I'm quite interested to hear your opinion on the system depth. I've let myself be guided by written as well as video reviews on Youtube, and from that I deduced that it has little system depth, although the rudimentary FMS it has appears to work just fine and it is capable if having a somewhat realistic startup sequence. The engine simulation seems to be lacking, however. I then considered the 45$ price tag. Given the fact that the Majestic Dash 8 is also 45$ and also has a beautiful model but with much higher system fidelity, I felt that the Carenado Saab probably wasn't particularly worth the money...

But if I'm wrong in my view of this Saab, then please let me know, because I really do want to have a nice Saab to fly. And in extension of this is the ATR, which I suppose will be in a similar category. Hence I'm more interested in the Milviz ATR, which is reported to include great system depth, will supposedly also include the ATR72 besides the 42, and the modeling looks rather nice as well. Perhaps it won't be as pretty as Carenado's, but I'd be okay with that.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, UAL4life said:

And there’s nothing wrong with that imho. 

I second that. I have plenty of Carenado aircraft (Shrike, Turbocommander, Do-228, Saab 340, Short 360, and some smaller ones) and I´m actually enjoying them very much. When I want complex aircraft systems I switch to PMDG´s 747, 777 and 737NG, Maddog or Majestic Q400.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Now, despite the fact that you said you don't wish to debate it, I'm quite interested to hear your opinion on the system depth. I've let myself be guided by written as well as video reviews on Youtube, and from that I deduced that it has little system depth, although the rudimentary FMS it has appears to work just fine and it is capable if having a somewhat realistic startup sequence. The engine simulation seems to be lacking, however. I then considered the 45$ price tag. Given the fact that the Majestic Dash 8 is also 45$ and also has a beautiful model but with much higher system fidelity, I felt that the Carenado Saab probably wasn't particularly worth the money...

Hi Ben, considering that it seems you've already done your homework pretty thoroughly on the Carenado Saab 340, then i'd have to agree, it's probably not for you...

That being said, I still like it, and fly it regularly, and no one else currently has a decent Saab 340 for P3D v4 either, so that was another factor in my decision to buy it, as I like the type, and aside from the Q400 my stable of turboprops is pretty sparse.