Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Does Track IR Work in P3D v 4.5?

Hello Risktakers!

I am hoping that others have found the secret for even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software, installed the redist simconnects, plugged and unplugged, run as admin and all that (multiple times), it just goes crazy jumping around like a demented ballet dancer.

Mind you, I just changed client and content from 4.4 to 4.5, in case that makes a difference. Has anyone else been successful? Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Edited by SpiritFlyer

No problem here, I use chaseplane. 

• Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

12 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

No problem here, I use chaseplane. 

With TIR?

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

4 minutes ago, odourboy said:

With TIR?

Yea sorry, TIR is working perfectly for me in 4.5 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ron,

Are you using Track IR with Chaseplane, or as a stand alone?

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

I’m using TIR and chase plane in V4.5 and it works very well as usual🙂

• Upvote 2

No probs here with Chaseplane + TIR

• Upvote 1

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

11 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hello Risktakers!

I am hoping that others have found the secret for even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software, installed the redist simconnects, plugged and unplugged, run as admin and all that (multiple times), it just goes crazy jumping around like a demented ballet dancer.

Mind you, I just changed client and content from 4.4 to 4.5, in case that makes a difference. Has anyone else been successful? Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Use exe from :\Prepar3Dv4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib . Reboot PC.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Trackir has always worked with fs9, fsx and P3D. (since the first version)
If you have a problem it is always the same problem, you have a light source that interferes with your camera.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

2 hours ago, guibru said:

Trackir has always worked with fs9, fsx and P3D. (since the first version)
If you have a problem it is always the same problem, you have a light source that interferes with your camera.

Black stockings wrapped around the camera will do the trick!

• Upvote 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

That is why I am asking. I have been a Track IR user and AVSIM adherent for a long time and have answered these type of Track IR questions asked by others from time to time. For whatever reason, I cannot get Track IR to work with P3D v 4.5 doing all the steps I suggested in my opening post. 

Here are a couple of questions for those who use Track IR with Chaseplane software:

1. Does the interconnection work with Chaseplane software, or Track IR software, or both. Is there a link that explains that? 

2. If Track IR does not work stand alone on my machine, should it work with Chaseplane if I buy it and installed?

Kind regards, and thank you for your patience.

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Chaseplane renames two of Trackir's manifest files so head movement is intercepted by Chaseplane.  Is it possible you have/had a different program that does the same thing?  In all the different versions of P3D, I've never had an issue with  Trackir.  I know that doesn't help,  but if anything comes to mind I'll pass it along. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

You know, there is no fool like an old fool!

I went back and read some of my old posts helping others make Track IR work in FSX, all the P3Ds and realized something, I am a know it all who knew it all, or so I thought. I got to thinking, if I once knew, I would not forget so easily, so I stopped reading what myself and my friends think, and read what strangers wrote, the Track IR manual. Guess what? 5 minutes! Just 5 minutes later I knew what was wrong!

Guibru had nailed it, but hey, when someone is both proud and dumb at the same time, there is not much than can be done until one of those two things change. There is a large portrait of the Titanic that sits on the opposite wall from my 55 inch curved screen with the Track IR sitting on top. Yes, since it is a fine portrait it has tempered glass and frame protecting it. Yes, although not very shiny it reflects some light.

I had 3 ways of handling this thread at this stage:

1. Let it die without a whisper and hoped my local friends did not read it.

2. Lie and say I found a software or procedural solution of some sort.

3. Tell the truth that the Titanic had sunk my flight sim.

Who ever thought that the Titanic would sink my flight sim? Well, believe it or not, covering the picture of the ship with a spare pillow case fixed my airplane Who would have ever thought?

http://www.pastforward.ca/perspectives/images/titanic2.jpg   

Kindest regards, and thanks for the help!

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

• Like 1