Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Does Track IR Work in P3D v 4.5?

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I can’t get TrackIR to work in 4.5. I did a client update yesterday, and prior to the upgrade, TIR hd been working fine in 4.4 with Chaseplane. I haven’t made any other changes, but it won’t work in P3D. I have run both TIR and P3D as administrator, and run all of the simconnect MSI’s. TIR works in all my other sims, so I don’t think it’s on that end. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi Chunk,

Track IR does work well in P3D vs 4.5. I did have some initial trouble but did a few things and it now works perfectly. I am not saying all these things are exactly what must happen, but after doing each, it started working and still is as slick as greased lightning. :)

Make sure 4.5 and any hotfixes installed. Make sure the latest drivers are installed for your video card.

Run all the appropriate Simconnect software found in the P3D 4.5 root Redist file.

Clear everything from computer (I use pro CCleaner).

Unplug your TrackIR device and uninstall the (latest) TrackIR software. Restart the computer, plug in the TrackIR and reinstall the TrackIR software and choose settings.

Start Track IR, start P3D, see the green lights and enjoy.

Hope that helps you.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Thank you for the tips, Stephen. None of them worked however. 

All I wanted to do was update to 4.5. Three hours later, still haven’t flown. Gonna take an extended break from P3D. 

Thank you again for the advice, wished it would’ve worked. 

*** RESOLVED ***

The latest experimental release from ChasePlane was the culprit. Thanks again for replying Stephen. 

Edited by Chunk
  • Like 1

Works fine for me, but I had to set the shortcut to run as administrator for it to work.