Sign in to follow this  
glennc

P3DV4.5 eyepoint in VR above aircraft

Hello all.

I'm a new P3D user and am using a Lenovo explorer.

VR works perfectly with two exceptions:

1.  I am always "above" the cockpit when launching a flight.  Easy fix by recentering through P3D but a nuisance.

2.  ATC window when called appears above and outside the cockpit and I cannot move/access it with the mouse.

Could someone please help on these items?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

Have you set up the 'boundary' in Windows Mixed Reality application as an area you walk around in or sitting at desk? But I think either way, you will have this issue. Unfortunately this is the trouble with either Windows Mixed Reality technology interfacing with SteamVR. Hopefully updates to either of these applications will make things better in the future.

Edited by daelight

I only use "seated" as I have only the visor.

Only application that does this, strangely.

Thank you for the reply,

G.

7 minutes ago, glennc said:

I only use "seated" as I have only the visor.

Only application that does this, strangely.

Thank you for the reply,

G.

I find Project Cars 2 also does the same thing where I am sitting above the car at the beginning. But there is an option in the game to 'reset' the position automatically when starting the race.

38 minutes ago, daelight said:

I find Project Cars 2 also does the same thing where I am sitting above the car at the beginning. But there is an option in the game to 'reset' the position automatically when starting the race.

That's what I have been doing in P3D.  I can live with that part.

The tough part is not being able to relocate the ATC window to where I may access/read it.

The mouse "dot" won't reach it outside the cockpit.

1 hour ago, glennc said:

You are a prince among men, Dave CBFS!

I searched the forums and apparently was too vague.

I'll try this tonight.

Many thanks,

G.

If you have any questions I am the author of the post and have used this technique for windows across many other aircraft like PMDG and Aerosoft and GTN 750 pop ups. It’s a trial and error until you get the parameters where you want them. Once you determine what you like you can reuse those parameters for other pop ups. The reason the mouse doesn’t work in some aircraft is usually because of rain effects added to the glass like A2A did this past year. The effect makes the cursor think it’s hitting a solid surface and it stops there. I made both A2A and LM aware of the issue and that’s where I learned this technique from LM. I think P3Dv4.5 might have moved the location of their default pop ups like ATC window to avoid this initial issue but I haven’t yet moved to 4.5.

Good luck 

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, joepoway said:

If you have any questions I am the author of the post and have used this technique for windows across many other aircraft like PMDG and Aerosoft and GTN 750 pop ups. It’s a trial and error until you get the parameters where you want them. Once you determine what you like you can reuse those parameters for other pop ups. The reason the mouse doesn’t work in some aircraft is usually because of rain effects added to the glass like A2A did this past year. The effect makes the cursor think it’s hitting a solid surface and it stops there. I made both A2A and LM aware of the issue and that’s where I learned this technique from LM. I think P3Dv4.5 might have moved the location of their default pop ups like ATC window to avoid this initial issue but I haven’t yet moved to 4.5.

Good luck 

Joe

Thank you Joe.

I am using P3Dv4.5 so no, they haven't moved the windows yet.

I'm just starting out in P3D after years in FSX so I'll bide my time with the default aircraft to start.

Hopefully this will be the last you hear from me!

Regards,

Glenn

Follow up to Joe et al.

KDTW-KMDW went just fine thanks to your cfg changes.

Thank you all again,

Glenn