Sign in to follow this  
kdl

P3D V4 AddonOrganizer 1.40 b02: deleting add-ons.cfg file

I just installed latest version 1_40_b02. When starting  the software my add-ons.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ is deleted automatically with following note:     "Deleted packages detected and removed from config!"   All contents in add-ons.cfg is deleted.

Strange, this package is active!   At this time I still run P3D v4.4.

What is the suggested operation to avoid this problem, please?

Regards

Dieter

Greetings

Dieter

44 minutes ago, kdl said:

I just installed latest version 1_40_b02. When starting  the software my add-ons.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ is deleted automatically with following note:     "Deleted packages detected and removed from config!"   All contents in add-ons.cfg is deleted.

Strange, this package is active!   At this time I still run P3D v4.4.

What is the suggested operation to avoid this problem, please?

Regards

Dieter

Hello Dieter,

there are two add-ons.cfg files. One is in \ProgramData\.., the other in \AppData\Roaming...\. The first one contains the packages that have been installed via CLI, the second one the packages that have been discovered automatically.

What P4AO does is not a "problem", it is a feature. The logic has been implemented to clean up an issue that P3D 4.4 created and that has been resolved in 4.5. P4AO 1.40 moves (only) the autodiscovery package definitions from the incorrect file in ProgramData to the correct one in AppData\Roaming. Doing this in 4.4 too is more or less necessary, since 4.4 never deletes those packages that have been discovered and added to the wrong config file, even when you complete remove the add-on.xml.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=132273

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oh,

forget what I wrote, you are correct, there is something wrong here. I will take a look immediately.

Please revert the add-on.cfg back to the previous state (the backup file is right next to it, called "_PSSCBAK".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver, excuse my ignorance, I hope I understood. However, my problem is that  everything is deleted from add-ons.cfg.
How do I get my former packages back: active in your software under "Packages" and active in Prepar3D?

Greetings

Dieter

Just now, kdl said:

Oliver, excuse my ignorance, I hope I understood. However, my problem is that  everything is deleted from add-ons.cfg.
How do I get my former packages back: active in your software under "Packages" and active in Prepar3D?

See above, I misunderstood your post, and there is definitely an error in 1.40 b02

To get your file back, either restore the backup that I hope you made before using the new version?

If you didn't create a backup, you can revert the add-on.cfg back to the previous state using the automatic P4AO backup file(s) right next to it, called "_PSSCBAK" or "_orig".

And please don't use the 1.40 b02 for now, I have disabled the download.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oh, well, that can happen!

I went back to 1_39_b12, original add-ons.cfg  recovered.

Greetings

Dieter

14 minutes ago, kdl said:

Oh, well, that can happen!

I went back to 1_39_b12, original add-ons.cfg  recovered.

Can, but shouldn't. That was a major blunder on my part. Drinks are on me.

Version 1.40 b03 has been uploaded, the problem has been fixed. It was introduced with the "Discovery Path" logic, P4AO was too eager cleaning up packages that are no longer referenced.

Please use your current version to create a backup of your config files… (P4AO can restore them from that file too). This backup covers all .cfg and xml files that are part of your simulator setup. 

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Oliver, thanks for your very fast reaction.

I just downloaded and installed v1_40_b04. Software works well so far!

Greetings

Dieter