Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Hotfix P4AO 1.40 b03 available

Hello @ll,

the issue introduced in version 1.40 b02 has been resolved.

Nevertheless: before you use a new version of P4AO, please create a backup of your config files with the old one (on the tab "Backup/Restore" in P4AO)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Just a couple of items....

1. When using bo2 I could not restore from backup because I had uninstalled  2 addons in the interim.. I kept getting "unhandled exception error" and a notice about which

addon was missing..So I reinstalled the 2 addons, ran restore backup again , all is good now... Is it normal for restore to fail if a addon is uninstalled after backup? Shouldn't it

just notify about unfound addon and just continue?

2. bo3....... I uninstalled  an  adddon through windows apps/feature  and when I cranked up b03 I received error message about missing addon..abort...retry..ignore.. 

should I just choose ignore? I dont rremember seeing this message before.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

11 minutes ago, rickgo said:

1. When using bo2 I could not restore from backup because I had uninstalled  2 addons in the interim.. I kept getting "unhandled exception error" and a notice about which

addon was missing..So I reinstalled the 2 addons, ran restore backup again , all is good now... Is it normal for restore to fail if a addon is uninstalled after backup? Shouldn't it

2. bo3....... I uninstalled  an  adddon through windows apps/feature  and when I cranked up b03 I received error message about missing addon..abort...retry..ignore.. 

should I just choose ignore? I dont rremember seeing this message before.

Hi,

1. I will have to check that myself. Sounds odd, the restore shouldn't care about what is there and what isn't. You didn't make a screenshot of the exact error message by any chance?
  2. The purpose of the message is to alert you that something is missing that should be there. In this case, the addon may have been uninstalled, but it left behind a reference. What you do now is up to you - if you are certain that the addon is supposed to be gone, press "Ignore" - that will just clean up the reference for good.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

29 minutes ago, rickgo said:

OK, I see where that is coming from. P4AO expects that the directory still exists where the config file that has been backed up was saved before.

In the next P4AO version I will make sure that the restore doesn't crash in that particular case. Instead it will restore the directory too - I have no way of knowing if it is missing by accident or because you consciously uninstalled something.

Edit: b04 is available now, issue has been fixed.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver:

Will it be a P4AO version updated to the latest status, with the previous bug fixed?. I don´t like the idea of hotfixing a previous version if it can be replaced by a completely revised new one.

Sorry if I´m missing something.

Thanks again for your excellent utility.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

43 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Hi Oliver:

Will it be a P4AO version updated to the latest status, with the previous bug fixed?. I don´t like the idea of hotfixing a previous version if it can be replaced by a completely revised new one.

Sorry if I´m missing something.

Thanks again for your excellent utility.

Cheers, Ed

Hello Ed,

in this case there is no difference between a hotfix and a new version. P4AO is a program, a single executable, and every new build is essentially a new version. I just named the b03 a "hotfix" to stress the importance of it.

Right this moment, P4AO has 11.237 lines of C# code in 41 classes. I prefer to take little steps with an app of that size, so there is less chance of unintended side effects. I have been adding and fixing small things in that fashion for over a year now, and except for today's screwup it served me well.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver, Thanks for the fast response

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Oliver,

In a couple of post you reference "CLI" - what is that?

I tried b04 and it didn't remove anything from my "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg"

I thought it was supposed to remove entries like the highlighted one below:

[Package.0]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.1]
Path=C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
Title=AIGAIM AI Traffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, somiller said:

Oliver,

In a couple of post you reference "CLI" - what is that?

I tried b04 and it didn't remove anything from my "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg"

I thought it was supposed to remove entries like the highlighted one below:

[Package.0]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv4
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.1]
Path=C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
Title=AIGAIM AI Traffic
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Kind Regards,

Hello Stephen,

1. "CLI" is an acronym for "Command Line Interface". You can call the prepar3d.exe with a set of parameters, for example to add or remove addons:

Learning Center -> Software Development Kit (SDK) -> Add-ons -> Add-on Configuration Files

Excerpt:

Installation Examples

[Add-on Package] This command will add an entry named My Add-on to the add-ons.cfg to look for the add-on.xml in the file directory: C:\Program Files\My Company\My add-on. This entry will be added to the ProgramData add-ons.cfg file by default since no FileLocation was specified which will make it available for all users. The entry name is not the name that displays in the Add-on UI, instead it is a unique name that the developer may remove by uninstalling the Add-on package.

Prepar3D.exe "-Configure: Category=Add-on Package, Operation=Add, Title=My Add-on, Path=C:\Program Files\My Company\My add-on"

[Add-on Package] This command will add an entry to the the Roaming (AppData) add-ons.cfg to look for the add-on.xml in the file directory: C:\Program Files\My Company\My add-on. Because Roaming (AppData) was specified using the FileLocation option, the package is loaded only for the individual user. Since there is no entry name, the package must be uninstalled by its path name.

Prepar3D.exe "-Configure: Category=Add-on Package, Operation=Add, FileLocation=Roaming, Path=C:\Program Files\My Company\My add-on"

[Content] This command will add an entry to the default effects.cfg to look for effects in the file directory C:\Program Files\My Company\My Effects Product\data:

Prepar3D.exe "-Configure: Category=Effects, Operation=Add, Path=C:\Program Files\My Company\My Effects Product\data"

[Content] The following command will add an entry named My Scenery to the scenery configuration to use scenery inside C:\Program Files\My Company\My Scenery Product\data. The required option dictates that this item cannot be deleted from the Scenery Library UI.

Prepar3D.exe "-Configure: Category=Scenery, Operation=Add, Path=C:\Program Files\My Company\My Scenery Product\data, Title=My Scenery, Active=True"

2. Path=C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration

This is not an autodiscovery path, strange as that may sound. Prepar3D will only find an add-on.xml (automatically) on the first level of subfolders in "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\".
- The sim will find "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIGAIM - OCI\add-on.xml"
- but not "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration\add-on.xml" - that package must be added with the CLI or P4AO.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Thank you for the detailed explanation...I think I actually understand some of it, lol.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB