Sign in to follow this  
jdr37

GPU and CPU temperature dispaly app win 7

Anyone know of an app for Win 7 that will read and display temps for GPU and CPU on X-p 11 flight screen? GPU is MSI GTX 1060 6GB, CPU is i5-6600.

Thanks

Hi jdr37

i use 2 gadgets: gpu monitor and Core temp.

greetz,

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Hi 

I use Logitech ARX. Its free and does not need any Logitech hardware. It sends your PC telemetry to your smartphone or tablet ( see screenshot below). You need to do 2 steps.

First go here and scroll down to "Logitech Gaming Software" and download it

https://support.logitech.com/en_gb/downloads

Next you need to visit the Play store on your Android device and get this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.logitech.gaming.arxcontrolapp

hJR8DZQ.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna try the logitech software on my tablet. I like the idea of having the display on a separate screen.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, jdr37 said:

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna try the logitech software on my tablet. I like the idea of having the display on a separate screen.

Did you get it working? If you need help feel free to message or reply to this.

Working great.

Haven't been able to enjoy it much yet. All of a sudden I started getting crashes and have been trying to figure out what's going on. Thought it might be the LGS app but it doesn't appear to be.

So far have disabled all startup programs and services that might be involved but still no solution. Nothing on the log  -- just lose GPU signal and have to reboot. GPU temp 69* max, CPU 67* max

JDR37

i5-6600 @3.50GHz//GTX1060 6GB?//16GB DDR5 RAM//Win7 Home Premium

• Like 1

ThrottleUp, I had my anti-aliasing at max, dropped it down to first notch and it stopped my GPU crashing.

Don't know if this unique to GTX 1060 or not but It made me aware that graphic settings can possibly the unexpected source of problems.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, jdr37 said:

ThrottleUp, I had my anti-aliasing at max, dropped it down to first notch and it stopped my GPU crashing.

Don't know if this unique to GTX 1060 or not but It made me aware that graphic settings can possibly the unexpected source of problems.

You are correct. There is no need to whack the AA up to max. I have mine at 4 X and when I tried 8 X it cost me 10-15FPS! And theres no difference I can see between the two (I took many before and after screenshots).

If you are not fussed about reflections (specially on water) then disabling that can give a good boost to FPS.