Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Recent posts Block

For those that are interested in the "Recent Posts" block that used to reside on the right hand column of the Forums home page, it is now on the Front Page of the Avsim site.

Whether it comes back to the forums page or not, I don't know at this time.

We'll keep this thread open for updates.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Never knew there was such a thing, I usually shy away from blocked posts or threads, they get my ire up which is the reason Mod's have to block them in the first place.  When I was a mod, deleting or blocking a post always came with a heavy heart, some of the posts I had to delete, and some of the members I was forced to ban, were friends but I was often baited into banning them by those that were not their friends--sadly sometimes because I had to, that's why I accept the mods admonishes when I cross the line, as can happen to all of us when we are having bad times that have nothing to do with aviation or Avsim, or the people here.

John

LOL. Thiese two posts remind me of today's news story where an off duty policeman heard about an escaped fugitive on his scanner. Just by sheer coincidence, the fugitive then walked up to the policeman's car and asked for a ride. You can guess the rest.

• Upvote 1

John,  I think you misunderstand.  This is not a list of blocked posts.  The term block refers to the screen text block allocated  for the most recent post titles. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

17 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

John,  I think you misunderstand.  This is not a list of blocked posts.  The term block refers to the screen text block allocated  for the most recent post titles. 

Oh, I see, what does that mean exactly?

John

There has been a block/column on the right side of the Forum main page that lists the most recent posts/topics. It was always the first thing I looked at when coming on the site.

Jim is going to see if he can get it back but until then if you are interested in seeing it then look on the main Avsim page. It is on the right hand side.

I don't know how long it will be to get it returned but we have more important things going on right now so it will take its place in line.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

It was always the first thing I looked at when coming on the site.

Same here, hope to see it back soon.

1 hour ago, pedrotrindade said:

Same here, hope to see it back soon.

Yes, absolutely!

First thing I look for too.

Interesting to note, thank you gents! I always just got to my notifications and unread content, so I was not aware of the existence :blush:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)