Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Carenado ATR-42!

Carenado have made a surprise announcement that they are within days of releasing an ATR-42-500 to mark their 20th year in business. The series 500 is an upgraded version of the original ATR-42 with 6-bladed propellers although it retains a ‘round dial’ cockpit, unlike the current production variant of the aircraft, the series 600, which has a glass cockpit. This project has apparently been under development in secret for some time and will be available for both FSX and P3Dv4. https://fselite.net/news/carenado-announces-impending-release-of-atr-42-500/

Bill

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

They certainly trumped Milviz, and I'll bet at a cheaper price!

The purchasers of the Carenado model are pretty far off the mark of the target market for Milviz. You probably won't be able to CTRL-E the Milviz and you probably can't blow up the Carenado by abusing the engines.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hope with the new PBR workflow they finally did something and made their texture layout more paintable. 

I have the brushes ready, but I'm not going through as much mess as for example the S340 was. 

Edited by Flieger-Marius
  • Upvote 1

Cheers
Marius

spacer.png

I wish they would make another surprise announcement and fix all the bugs in every release to date. But that's not gonna happen.  So they keep pumping out substandard unfinished projects and will not listen to the customer base. So, who's buying the next broke aircraft? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Don Nelson

1 hour ago, yurei said:

The purchasers of the Carenado model are pretty far off the mark of the target market for Milviz. You probably won't be able to CTRL-E the Milviz and you probably can't blow up the Carenado by abusing the engines.

Totally agree, I'm an in depth with all systems man. I usually buy the Carenado version as an interim, but still enjoy flying them until then.

steve southey

10 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Totally agree, I'm an in depth with all systems man. I usually buy the Carenado version as an interim, but still enjoy flying them until then.

Although we can be certain that the Carenado ATR will have superb visuals, it’s a matter of debate whether its systems depth will be much better than that of the (now freeware) VirtualCol ATR series. That actually has a pretty good external model although the internal model leaves a bit to be desired, in particular the somewhat less than crisp VC textures.

Bill

Just hope we get the Carenado ATR72-500 as well, the stretched version of the ATR42 🙂 

Look forward to the release!!

On 4/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, Flieger-Marius said:

I hope with the new PBR workflow they finally did something and made their texture layout more paintable. 

I have the brushes ready, but I'm not going through as much mess as for example the S340 was. 

I'm gonna put in my request now haha!

ATR_42-300,_Aer_Arann_JP311261.jpg

• Upvote 1

This won't happen but it would be nice if Carenado bought the F1 ATR's systems coding and got it ported to P3Dv4. All the F1 needs is updated visuals, which Carenado do well.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

But after all that fanfare, where is it? more than a few days have elapsed.  I was hoping for the Easter Bunny to bring it.  Still hoping.

5 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

But after all that fanfare, where is it? more than a few days have elapsed.  I was hoping for the Easter Bunny to bring it.  Still hoping.

The Bunny has come early!

Bill

It's out and was wondering when someone will do the first YT review/hop etc. I'm thinking of getting it but I might wait until later. Right now I'm into my Premier so there is that.

Ciao!

I have it, bought it and installed.  Amongst the documentation there needs to be a Sample Flight just to take us through the routines...although the procedures checklists are very extensive. 

Is it possible for Carenado to get an ATR pilot to put together a Tutorial Flight.

This old man would be grateful.