Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Carenado ATR-42!

Is there a way to use Hotel Mode?

I've followed what I used to do in the F1 model. Turn battery on, turn on the fuel pump for Engine #2. Pressed the Aux Hydraulic Pump on the throttle quadrant. Turned on the Prop Brake. Started engine #2. When I got to 20% N2, I clicked on the condition lever once. I've done this a handful of times and only once had the engine start up without the prop spinning. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks,

colin

8 hours ago, 46Pilot said:

I have already submitted a request on Carenado Support website, I'm waiting for them to contact me. Is there any other forum for Carenado, beside of avsim?

There appears to be a forum on the Carenado site, but not sure whether you will get a response from Mr Carenado.

Best to just send a sensible list to them of main things that should be changed.

If you send them a massive essay, they prolly won't read it, if you take my point.

Edited by GeeBee

On 4/12/2019 at 11:30 PM, yurei said:

The purchasers of the Carenado model are pretty far off the mark of the target market for Milviz. You probably won't be able to CTRL-E the Milviz and you probably can't blow up the Carenado by abusing the engines.

More's the pity...... 😎😎😎🚾

1 hour ago, rowcoach said:

Is there a way to use Hotel Mode?

I've followed what I used to do in the F1 model. Turn battery on, turn on the fuel pump for Engine #2. Pressed the Aux Hydraulic Pump on the throttle quadrant. Turned on the Prop Brake. Started engine #2. When I got to 20% N2, I clicked on the condition lever once. I've done this a handful of times and only once had the engine start up without the prop spinning. Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks,

colin

Hi Colin,

Prop brake engagement procedure is:

1. Gust lock - ON

2. Condition Lever - FUEL SO or FTR position

3. Blue Hydraulic Pressure - Available

NOTE: If you don't have any engine started, you have to press the AUX HYD PUMP button, located on the pedestal, to have blue hydraulic pressure. If you have one engine running, you don't have to press it, because the aux hyd pump is already engaged in single engine ops.

4. Prop Brake Switch - Select ON.

After all of this, make sure you have prop brake light on. There are two locations where you can find this information: next to the prop brake switch and on the MEMO Panel, located on the center panel, under TRIM Indicator.

All the best,

Alex

Edited by 46Pilot
  • Like 1

It does GeeBee, but you must have the gust lock and the park brake engaged before you start.  Then, at least for me, follow 46Pilot exactly.  It is a good modelling of Hotel mode, except the Aux Hyd pump only appears to apply to the handbrake???

Indeed after more flying I am just browned off that the the FMS functionality is limited and that flightplan import is not possible.  In the olden days I used to apply the 3x Top of Descent rule, but I would now rather have it calculated accurately.  But Carenado has sent us back to the past on VNAV.

Frankly I have spent enough of my life doing go-rounds in RW aircraft on one engine, that for simming even on the brilliant MJC I turn failures OFF.  Who wants a heart attack at the computer desk?

So all I would hope is that for once Carenado might just upgrade the FMS to modern standards, and as far as I am concerned they would have a winner.  For those who want failures, go elsewhere.

Good morning dear friend can someone help me see how best fps atr 45.
in the section of the plane in the model folder there are several files as seen in the image https://ibb.co/tPqFftN
what would be the best configuration to improve the fps?
Thanks, I hope someone can help me?

I cannot improve FPS. High or low P3D setting makes little difference.

I get around 30% less performance than the PMDG 747 !

Carenado for you !

In the simobjects/aircraft/Carenado AT45 ... there are 3 versions of a GTN exe.  Which would anyone recommend I choose for P4.4?  With the F1 there is text to put somewhere, but where ....is it in the aircraft.cfg or the cfg tor P4?  or a somewhere else GTN cfg.  I am trying to get a better navigation system going, but there is not a word of assistance in the underdone manuals.

Please help, as I have never used GTN.

Most modern add-ons don't need it.

As far as I remember, you have to use your F1 configurator (a desktop app) and there you choose different options. I haven't used it since some time ago, but this was the procedure, more or less.

2 hours ago, Ian McPhail said:

In the simobjects/aircraft/Carenado AT45 ... there are 3 versions of a GTN exe.  Which would anyone recommend I choose for P4.4?  With the F1 there is text to put somewhere, but where ....is it in the aircraft.cfg or the cfg tor P4?  or a somewhere else GTN cfg.  I am trying to get a better navigation system going, but there is not a word of assistance in the underdone manuals.

Please help, as I have never used GTN.

Most modern add-ons don't need it.

Hi Ian,

There is a F1GTN750 exe file located in simobjects/airplanes....carenado AT45 folder. Simply run that and the GTN will be in the center console next time you fly. There is also a 'F1NOGTN' exe file which removes the GTN, and a RXPGTN exe (only choose this if you have the RealityXP GTN).

Edited by mdreyer

Murray Dreyer

Yes but it has dawned on me that it is not a free gift from Carenado, this is for those who own the danged add-on.  Not sure the ATR is worth the investment.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, it's too buggy right now. For someone who just wants to hop between two airports, could be ok, but for someone who wants something more.... 😞

Here is another topic where different stuffs about the ATR are being discussed.

Edited by 46Pilot

I've decided to create a new topic and to have all the discutions regarding the bugs in a single place. I took this decision because there are several topics talking about systems or bugs and there could be informations lost or missed. If someone knows how to contact an admin and to move the posts to a single topic, it will be great. The abovementioned topic is 

Thanks,

All the best, 

Alex

Edited by 46Pilot