Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Why do developers keep avoiding the 767 for v4?

I see that CaptainSim has released a beta version of there 777 for P3Dv4. This came a surprise as PMDG has one of the best 777 model out right now and the community is not hurting for a 777, especially a pay version beta. If anything I figured CS would have released their 767 for P3Dv4. What is it about the 767 that developers keep avoiding? Is there some kind of gentleman's agreement with Level-D or something? Everyone knows the community is hurting for a quality 767 yet no one is in a rush to produce one. In my opinion a 767 would be a huge money maker to the developer who releases one. From reading the Level-D forums I don't see it ever being updated. I'm still waiting for the 757 they previewed 3 years ago at FlightSimCon, hahahaha.  

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yeah its crazy, in my opinion the 767 is the perfect flightsim aircraft.  It has semi modern systems and automation like an fms and vnav, but still manual flight controls (not FBW) and many other manual systems for us simmers to play with.  Is still very common in the real world in both pax and cargo variants and it can be flown using real world routes on both short haul and long haul flights.  My time with the LDS 767 in FS9 brings back some of my fondest flightsimming memories.  

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Didn't one of the developers at Level-D pass away? So development stopped?

the captain sim 767 will release for p3dv4 in 2019/or maybe early 2020, it was mentioned on facebook.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsjase said:

Didn't one of the developers at Level-D pass away? So development stopped?

Yeah, that guy was a real world AAL 767 captiain and was only in his fifties. I don't know what happened or if that's really what stopped production.

Vic green

1 hour ago, Arthur42417 said:

the captain sim 767 will release for p3dv4 in 2019/or maybe early 2020, it was mentioned on facebook.

Better than nothing and I enjoy their 757. Cost is crazy but this is the only “fun” I have these days so I’ll grit my teeth and chaulk it up to supporting a developer extra for giving me planes no one else will. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

By that time, P3D v5 will be out.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

1 minute ago, MikeT707 said:

By that time, P3D v5 will be out.

and the whole upgrade cycle will begin again with devs charging $$$$ again for the p3dv5 versions😂👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, itsjase said:

QW757 should be out soon, that's what I'm waiting for.

Amen to that....😎

On 4/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, Arthur42417 said:

and the whole upgrade cycle will begin again with devs charging $$$$ again for the p3dv5 versions😂👍

That's the recipe for making money, with FSX once you bought an airport it was for life but now users need to buy the same addon anytime a new sim version is out.😉

20 minutes ago, stesma54 said:

That's the recipe for making money, with FSX once you bought an airport it was for life but now users need to buy the same addon anytime a new sim version is out.😉

Isn't that how it's always been from FS2000, Fs2002/fs2004 and fsx? If Microsoft had made an FS11 I'm sure you wouldve had to rebuy a lot of addons.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, itsjase said:

Isn't that how it's always been from FS2000, Fs2002/fs2004 and fsx? If Microsoft had made an FS11 I'm sure you wouldve had to rebuy a lot of addons.

Indeed.

I don't really understand the whole complaint about this renewal purchase scheme. Why is it any different than within any other part of software upgrades?! 

When a new version is released, you have to re-purchase it. I don't understand why flight-simmers think they're special in that they require or expect to purchase one license for a piece of software, which should then work perpetually. When they find out that it doesn't, suddenly the developers are greedy, immoral and are blackmailing their customers... *SIGH*

If you want to talk about something which is going in circles, it is this bloody discussion... endless complaints and protests about renewal and re-purchasing of licenses... 

Sorry for the harsh and generalizing language. No-one mentioned, no-one forgotten.

Usually it's not my intention, but I'm just a little bewildered, that this constantly are being brought up. 

Sorry for disturbing the peace and serenity, which usually constitutes this forum.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Because people don't realize that developers need to eat. Every day. Until they die. That's not possible if they sell their SW in 2000 and then work for free the rest of their life providing free updates.

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440