Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Why do developers keep avoiding the 767 for v4?

All I’m going to say is I understand upgrade costs, but what I don’t understand is why I buy a $140 single addon for V4 then have to pay yet again $140 for that same addon for V5. Going from FS9 to FSX there were A LOT of upgrade discounts for previous owners, not forcing those who already owned it to pay full price again. 

• Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 hours ago, pvupilot said:

All I’m going to say is I understand upgrade costs, but what I don’t understand is why I buy a $140 single addon for V4 then have to pay yet again $140 for that same addon for V5. Going from FS9 to FSX there were A LOT of upgrade discounts for previous owners, not forcing those who already owned it to pay full price again. 

Not all devs have done that.

PMDG has provided free updates from the first P3D version they supported up till now, without having to pay for update.

In the scenery circle, FSDT has provided FSX users the same key to install in any version of  P3D they have supported for a certain airports.

Although some scenery designers are charging for version updates for P3D. Just depends on the developer, but they don’t all do it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Agreed with above. I fully support the ones who offer free upgrades. I’ve been super grateful for FSDT with how they’ve supported multiple versions.  

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I’m curious as to which developers charged for upgrading from p3d v2 to P3d v3?

Or is P3D v5 going to be that much of leap as going to a 64bit V4 from the 32bit V3? 

2 hours ago, UAL4life said:

I’m curious as to which developers charged for upgrading from p3d v2 to P3d v3?

Or is P3D v5 going to be that much of leap as going to a 64bit V4 from the 32bit V3? 

Even if it is a massive jump, it will most likely be graphical.

Backwards compatibility should be much better going forward, just like it was between P3D v1, v2, v3

Wonder if Level-D would team up with another developer to release their B767 for P3D4+.  This would be like Aeroplane Heaven teaming up with Feelthere to release the E-jets family.  Does anyone know if Level-D has been approached but simply refused?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I like flying Level-D 767 on my P3Dv3, but I am disappointed at the response of this company to customers' requests and questions about a future model. Anytime someone asks if there will be a 767 for v4 or a 757, there is the standard answer "there will be news when there will be news" or so. While I understand that a company does not want to disclose any close details, is it really too much asked to simply say whether something new is planned to customers that have been supporting an airliner that dates back to Wilco's 767 PIC from 2001?

19 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

I like flying Level-D 767 on my P3Dv3, but I am disappointed at the response of this company to customers' requests and questions about a future model. Anytime someone asks if there will be a 767 for v4 or a 757, there is the standard answer "there will be news when there will be news" or so. While I understand that a company does not want to disclose any close details, is it really too much asked to simply say whether something new is planned to customers that have been supporting an airliner that dates back to Wilco's 767 PIC from 2001?

IMHO they lost what little credibility and reputation they had left when they went to FSCon nearly 2 years ago and said the new 757 was 80% complete and in beta. It's hilarious to me that they've been so disciplined about not talking to the community, but when they finally did have something to say, they completely botched it.

• Like 2

I was surprised that the crowd didn't react with laughter and overripe produce. LevelD has crossed into trolling its fans for more than a decade by insisting that the 757 and 767 are coming. The most recent post on their forums was a really oddball statement that for some reason alluded to the fact that it originated as a freeware project, somehow as a justification for the rebuttal of all inquiries responding to the aforementioned trolling. 

It's a shame that the 75/67 projects have become the Sasquatch of flight simming; occasionally spotted but never any concrete evidence of their existence.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."