Sign in to follow this  
klamal

GSX - For the love of God, Please change your announcements!!!!

45 minutes ago, seahorse said:

Just an idea, instead of having a folder with voices per airport it would be easier to have a folder per country starting with the first to letters of the ICAO ex; EH.. Dutch accent, ED.. German accent, LF.. French accent

So you only do it once for all airports in that area.

Cheers

Good idea but there is a potential problem. That would mean ground staff at northern England airports having the same accent as those in the South and vice versa. 😀 You have to be British to get this. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Good idea but there is a potential problem. That would mean ground staff at northern England airports having the same accent as those in the South and vice versa. 😀 You have to be British to get this. :wink:

This would be applicable in the states as well.  I also think there should be a rudeness scale depending on location.  Instead of a friendly hello at KJFK you get “sit down and shut up!”.

Matt Wilson

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

starting with the first to letters of the ICAO

Some countries don’t adhere to that, like Australia.

Alternative voices are not much better IMHO. Will stay with originals.

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

This would be applicable in the states as well.  I also think there should be a rudeness scale depending on location.  Instead of a friendly hello at KJFK you get “sit down and shut up!”.

Maybe but not for the reason you suggest. I was thinking more about accents. A broad Yorkshire accent could be unintelligible to a pilot from Surrey. 😁

But this is all light-hearted and not entirely serious. Just a gentle dig at how our accents are perceived.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You have to be British to get this.

@Ray I'm from Belgium, so trust me, I DO get you 😉

• Like 1

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

Me too 😇 and in our country it's even more complicated as we have flemish in the north part and frrrench in the south part 😂

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

You have to be British to get this.

And German in the East ....

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Or Swiss. Four official languages here: German, French, Italian and Rhaeto-Romanic. But then, German is only the official language, people actually speak Swiss-German. That is not really German... On top of this, people from Bern speak another Swiss-German than those from Zurich or those from the Wallis (we have at least 20 different Swiss-German variants in Switzerland).

Same is true for Germany. If someone thinks that people from Bavaria speak the same German as those from Hamburg, you could not be more wrong...

And other countries it might be the same... so nothing special you have in Britain here...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 4/30/2019 at 2:47 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

If we are going to get a voice set for Northern England, PLEASE make a set taken from Hale & Pace's 'Yorkshire Airlines' sketch 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1