klamal

FSLabs A3XX - Can it possibly get any better!?!?!?

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, BobP said:

For me the new version A320 is  harder on FPS than the previous version. 

As good as the pre-flight detail is I doubt I'll go through all that for¬† many flights. Sometimes you just want to fly. ūüôā

Bob

The 320 seems to be harder on my system than the previous 319.  After the 319 was released I flew that exclusively because of the icing, etc.  Going back to the 320 in 2 flights was harder on the system.  In fact, I had a mere 3 fps sitting on the groud at the new LatinVFR KMSY.  Granted, the weather was overcast with storms around but I haven't had that low of frames in a very long time, even in worse condidtions.  I'll figure it out though.  The new features are awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

53 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

The 320 seems to be harder on my system than the previous 319.  After the 319 was released I flew that exclusively because of the icing, etc.  Going back to the 320 in 2 flights was harder on the system.  In fact, I had a mere 3 fps sitting on the groud at the new LatinVFR KMSY.  Granted, the weather was overcast with storms around but I haven't had that low of frames in a very long time, even in worse condidtions.  I'll figure it out though.  The new features are awesome.

Funny, I had a similar experience with the A320 at the new LatinVFR KMSY on the 13th.  Not 3 fps, but definitely dropping way off my normal locked 30 fps.

Further troubleshooting led to a combination of issues not really related to the FSL Scarebus...first, the weather was a harder than usual hit--there were 3 broken/overcast cloud layers.  More significantly, my GPU overclock software apparently got borked after a recent Win 10 update, which resulted in setting the GPU's power target to 60% instead of 115%.  So the combination of hitting the GPU with a heavy load from the weather, and having the GPU throttling the clock back to try and stay at 60% TDP under that load made things pretty unhappy.

Re-installation of eVGA Precision X1 (the GPU software) got my 2080Ti back into the game, and now things are locked at 30 fps again in the same scenario (KMSY at 1600Z on 13 Apr 19).  I do note that my CPU loads seem higher with the post-update 'bus, but not so much that it impacts my 30fps frame rate lock.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I did my first flight since the update last night(just did the ATSU tutorial flight). And for a person that isn't usually easily impressed, the new features are excellent. The ATSU and integration with GSX will completely change the aircraft for me, its now absolutely head a shoulders above anything else on the market.

Edited by Litmoose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just a question (not intended to be a FSL vs PMDG debate): But is the ATSU/AOC functions in the FSL A320 something that PMDG will have (amongst others?) once Global Flight Ops is released?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

Just a question (not intended to be a FSL vs PMDG debate): But is the ATSU/AOC functions in the FSL A320 something that PMDG will have (amongst others?) once Global Flight Ops is released?

Probably, But were the 747-8 has an EFB for PERF cal. FSL Perf is done like IRL though ATSU/AOC Boeing Airbus different systems etc. It seems since FSL come along competition has pushed everyone onto a higher level.

Edited by Nyxx

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Probably, But were the 747-8 has an EFB for PERF cal. FSL Perf is done like IRL though ATSU/AOC Boeing Airbus different systems etc. It seems since FSL come along competition has pushed everyone onto a higher level.

A lot of airlines use iPads on the A320 series to calculate performance now. That includes the¬†A321 as well¬†ūüėČ

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

That includes the¬†A321 as well¬†ūüėČ

Can't wait for the one...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

A lot of airlines use iPads on the A320 series to calculate performance now. That includes the¬†A321 as well¬†ūüėČ

Andrew, are you hinting at what's to come?¬†ūüôā¬†iPads in the A321 ....Better not start a topic on your forums and quote your reply above........26 pagers later......are we there yet?.....

BTW Andrew, love the new update, thank you very much.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Andrew, love the new update, thank you very much.

Really nice to read that people are enjoying the new ATSU. It was something I thought our customers would enjoy using - it adds a lot of immersion to the departure flow. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

Really nice to read that people are enjoying the new ATSU. It was something I thought our customers would enjoy using - it adds a lot of immersion to the departure flow. 

Its amazing, ive been waiting forever for something like this, i see other devs are probably following too (ie flythemaddog) 

 

Im hoping pmdg end up doing something like this in the NG3. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2019 at 11:42 PM, Nyxx said:

I find this version on 4.4 brings a new performance boost.

After 4 flights I now have the push back time to 20 mins which is my VA min prep time.

Will it get better? Yes with the A321

My wingman I do flights with is 21, he can set it up in 15. 

I'm hitting 42 this year and it takes me 30 mins  exactly double the time.   I often wonder how long it will take when I'm 60..

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MachTwo said:

A lot of airlines use iPads on the A320 series to calculate performance now. That includes the¬†A321 as well¬†ūüėČ

Unless their an orange airline In Marrakech.  I heard about that!!

I'm on days off this week and itching to install the update.  I love the fsl

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

There's always been some sort of incompatibility between AS14 and the FSLabs airbuses in my rig ( an i5 2500, meaning HT unavailable ).

I install P3D, then AS14, run it with the PMDG 777, all fine... I install FSLabs A320 and  319, accept that fancy stuff it asks me to accept in order to get better performance, and all of a sudden I never get back proper navaid tuning on my flights.

If I disable AS14 things get back to normal.

I usually end up uninstalling the full pack afterwards.

I had the very same symptom last time I tried P3dv4 with AS14 and FSLabs A320. This time I used the updated 320.

On a flight between Porto ( LPPR ) and Lisboa ( LPPT ) I started feeling something was wrong when I tried tunning two NDBs and they were set in the FMGC, but never identified in the ND. As I approached and even passed over both, still no sign of them being there. The other symptom is the IL1 frequency for Lisbon rw 03 ILS ( 109.10 ) not being shown on the NAV-RAD page and instead another frequency being selected by default, not even related to LPPT, for the same STAR.

I I restart P3Dv4, but disable AS14, then everyhting is fine with the FSLabs Airbuses regarding this specific quirks...

I should probably one day try to make a clean install of P3D not accepting that "cpu optimization" suggested by FSLabs during the install just in case that's the culprit ( ? )

 

 

Edited by jcomm

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tooting said:

My wingman I do flights with is 21, he can set it up in 15. 

I'm hitting 42 this year and it takes me 30 mins  exactly double the time.   I often wonder how long it will take when I'm 60..

Am 56 Pete. I use to do it around 15-17 but min VA push back is 20. 

At the moment it's around 20-25 but I think I need to load sooner. I've¬†just done a new flow so want to get it down to 20 mins every time. It's all good, am enjoying it lots. It would be funny if the dispatcher's¬†name came through as Pete King. ūüôā¬†

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MachTwo said:

Really nice to read that people are enjoying the new ATSU. It was something I thought our customers would enjoy using - it adds a lot of immersion to the departure flow. 

Yes really love it beautiful done a masterpiece ūüôā

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Am 56 Pete. I use to do it around 15-17 but min VA push back is 20. 

At the moment it's around 20-25 but I think I need to load sooner. I've¬†just done a new flow so want to get it down to 20 mins every time. It's all good, am enjoying it lots. It would be funny if the dispatcher's¬†name came through as Pete King. ūüôā¬†

I only do long haul dispatching nowdays not short haul mate (unless its ferrys) .  I left that orange fun house over 5 years ago 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 3:51 PM, DavidP said:

I was recently training in a real FSTD for an Instructor Rating upgrade that was driven by XP. The deer that ran across the runway after landing kind of killed the immersion factor for me. Not sure how it got certified by the authorities.

Deer run across the runway where I used to work traffic.  Now that I'm in a big city we do occasionally see smaller animals like foxes etc

I'm guessing that sim was running XP9 or 10?

Edited by ryanbatcund

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, DavidP said:

I was recently training in a real FSTD for an Instructor Rating upgrade that was driven by XP. The deer that ran across the runway after landing kind of killed the immersion factor for me. Not sure how it got certified by the authorities.

Well,last year we had a deerstrike on a A319 in real life,so its probably the most realistic flightsimulator ever...;-)

Edited by Chandler

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, tooting said:

My wingman I do flights with is 21, he can set it up in 15. 

I'm hitting 42 this year and it takes me 30 mins  exactly double the time.   I often wonder how long it will take when I'm 60..

About the same...and I should know. ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post

just done my first couple of sectors.  loving the update.  I had no idea as i was taxiing out I would get the cabin secure with the interphone.  I nearly fell of the chair laughing. thats brillant.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now