Sign in to follow this  
takesix

SayIt joystick binding not working

Previously I had my PTT and SayIt keys mapped to different buttons on my Saitek Yoke.  Some time ago, I can't say exactly when, my SayIt button stopped activating P2PTC.  I thought it might be something I did to the controller mapping or even a faulty button.  After messing around with this more, I am able to remap my PTT key but I find that I am unable to map the SayIt key, even to the previous PTT key.  The same process I use to map the PTT  key does not appear to be working for the SayIt key, even if I try using a completely different controller.

The SayIt joystick button is enable in the config panel, but I am not getting any confirmations that the SayIt button commands are being accepted by P2ATC.  As I said before, the PTT button is working fine.

I noticed a previous post that mentions access rights.  I have verified that I am using the same admin user privileges for P2ATX and XP11.

Any ideas what I might be overlooking?

Thanks, Takesix

Setting the joystick buttons needs to be done in P2A by pressing the desired button.  The button numbers are different than what might displayed in other mappers.

Yes, I am using the Btns page in P2ATC config.  I am able to map the PTT key using the same Yoke button successfully, but when I try to map the button to the SayIt key, it is not doing anything.  So I know the button mapper is working, it is just now accepting the SayIt command when it is pressed.  As I mentioned, this used to work previously.

Is there a config file somewhere that might be corrupt?

First, check that the Requires P2A or SIM Focus option is unchecked at the bottom of the Buttons page.  If it is checked and your mouse focus is not in the SIM or P2A, the hotkey won't work.  If that's unchecked, then it could be the AppConfig file.

The settings are maintained in the AppConfig.xml file located at 

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

You could try to edit the file directly, or you can delete it and all config settings will go back to defaults and you'll have to reset them all.

Thanks for responding Dave.

Here is what my AppConfig file currently shows for the SayIt and PTT buttons.

The SayIT button is using button "0" for controller 5 (Saitek Yoke)

<AppSetting>
    <Name>SayItJoyNum</Name>
    <Value>5</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:56:14.9020727-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>
  <AppSetting>
    <Name>SayItJoyName</Name>
    <Value>Saitek Pro Flight Yoke</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:56:14.9040672-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>
  <AppSetting>
    <Name>SayItBtnNum</Name>
    <Value>0</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:56:14.9060628-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>
  <AppSetting>
    <Name>SayItJoystickBtnEnabled</Name>
    <Value>true</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:56:14.9070591-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>

The PTT button is currently working as intended, and is using button 1 from controller 5 (Saitek Yoke).

<AppSetting>
    <Name>PTTJoyNum</Name>
    <Value>5</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:48:33.9574806-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>
  <AppSetting>
    <Name>PTTJoyName</Name>
    <Value>Saitek Pro Flight Yoke</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:48:33.958478-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>
  <AppSetting>
    <Name>PTTButton</Name>
    <Value>1</Value>
    <LastChanged>2019-04-13T10:48:33.9594756-04:00</LastChanged>
  </AppSetting>

I then tried renaming this file so it would be regenerated.  When I started up P2ATC, I remapped the two buttons.  The PTT button worked for PTTButton "1", but the SayIT button did not work for SayITButton "0".  I then tried mapping the PPTButton to "0" and the PTT button works.  No matter what button or controller I map the SayItButton to, I am not getting it to work.  Again, I am confused because this used to work for me.

Did you check that the Requires P2A or SIM Focus option is unchecked at the bottom of the Buttons page?

I will run a test on my system to see if I get the same issue, but so far, no one else is reporting this problem.

Dave

Just did the test and was able to set and operate the SayIt button without any issues. 

To be clear, this button, when set, will say the Gold phrase in the Speech Text window that starts with the "~" character.  If the last speech phrase in the window is not Gold with the "~" in front is there, nothing will happen.  Also, if the phrase has already been said, nothing will happen.

Also, there is a different HotKey setting that opens and closes the SayIt+ window.  There is not a joystick button for that.

Dave,

Thanks for checking.  Yes I have the sim focus option unchecked.  I will try to reinstall tomorrow

Issue Fixed - One thing I did notice is that the push to talk button highlights in P2ATC when pressed but the Sayit button does not highlight in the same manner.  After initially having the button mapping issue, I probably started to shortcut the process by expecting the Sayit button indicator to highlight, rather than to file a new flight plan and go through the process.  Once I fixed the config file, it was probably working at that point.

Thanks!

Hey Dave,

I dont want to start a new thread because I am having the same problem.. Yes, the sim focus button is not checked. I have a HOTAS4 joystick that P2ATC is not recognizing. Also, assigned keyboard hotkeys are not working (I tried ctl+F1, TAB and \). I have the demo version yet, but will likely be buying this if I can get it to work. And I cant find the location of the app config file so you will have to direct me to that. I looked in all P2ATC folders and must not be seeing it. Thanks.

Oh and it does work if I simply hit the PTT key on the P2ATC window.

Edited by gryper

Ok, I found the answer by you on another post. Button window>enable boxes were not checked. (duh) I have found what fixes things the best is to make a post about it and then figure it out on my own four minutes later. lol

Great product, Dave. I'll likely buy it in a few days.

Edited by gryper