Sign in to follow this  
WilliamS

Should I get P3D?

Hi all,

Have been considering buying P3D, but not sure if I will be able to run it. My specs are:

i5-7300HQ @ 2.5GHz, but normally runs at 3.5

Nvidia 1050 with 2GB of memory

8 GB of RAM

1920x1080 monitor.

Will I be able to run P3D? What are it’s main selling points?

Will

yes you should get it but you also need some new pc parts down the road when you decide to upgrade.

12 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

yes you should get it but you also need some new pc parts down the road when you decide to upgrade.

Thanks, but can you be any more specific?

Faster processor and Mobo and more RAM. I have an i7-4790 4ghz, same card and 32ghz RAM and get 20-30 fps most of the time. Its OK, but then I see guys getting 40fps and complaining about it, so I guess I could use an upgrade as well...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

To put it in perspective, it's like asking should I get a flat screen 4K TV or keep my picture tube TV?

Gnacino

• Upvote 1

This week I read how Milviz stopped development for FSX and was asking myself if it was time to make the move. I guess I eventually will but there is really not a strong reason to switch. I read people issues with P3D and they sound almost exactly the same issues we have in FSX. As someone with limited free time to go through the setup process again, I just see the switch as a hassle.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

I would say do the upgrades on your system, then move to P3D. Most (90%) off my add on purchases from the FSX days have the P3D install option!! Didn't even realize that when I bought them !! 64bt, performance is great ! No more popping up autogen, Great lighting, plus, at least it's still being upgraded, unlike FSX. You won't look back ! Although I do miss about 5 of the Missions in FSX. Oh well.

Mike   

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Thanks for all of the help everyone! One last thing: what kind of specs would you guys recommend for P3D v4?

Will.

I would say that Russ is spot on !

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

7 hours ago, Gnacino said:

To put it in perspective, it's like asking should I get a flat screen 4K TV or keep my picture tube TV?

Gnacino

I don't think I could have said it any better!  Perhaps comparing a horse buggy to an automobile might work too.  P3d is the future since Microsoft "bailed" on the sim. Its' simple, if Microsoft can't support it, why should you?   Ha!

Stan