Sign in to follow this  
benams1

Voxatc does not assign star, only full ils

Hello all,

I read all the topics related to problems linked to voxatc and star assignement. Unfortunately none of the responses helped with my observed problem:

I try to land at ELLX, coming from South East. My last transition waypoint is DISKI. (No vectors box is checked, i am using latest navipraph FMS data) Around 40nm before ELLX, voxatc requests that I tune to Luxembourg approach. Once tuned, luxembourg approach tells me that I am cleared for full Ils on runway 06. After confirming, the only thing voxatc wants is to report 4 d m e and contact tower. 

My expectation (may i am be wrong?) Is that voxatc assigns to me a star, say DISK2K for example.

I am struggling with this problem for hours and I would be grateful for any support.

Thank you in advance!

delete. misread your post

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

Just tried changing my FP:

I just have 1WP now: TOMPI, no transition, just an intersection. Same problem...

No star assignment, just clearance for full ILS and rwy.

Btw: how can the approach give me clearance, without specifying a STAR? that would mean I can choose any STAR I like!?

Before you do anything else, check to make sure that your VOXATC installation is set up correctly. Use one of the sample IFR flightplans with SIDs and STARs that are included with VOXATC. Run the sim. Choose VoxATC Kansas City to Minneapolis St Paul Intl IFR from the list of saved flights. Set up your aircraft with this same flightplan. Consult the section of the VOXATC manual regarding SIDs and STARs, which begins on p 58. Do you get the same responses as those in the user's manual?

Hello jabloomf1230,

first of all: thank you for your help!

I just started as suggested from you VoxATC Kansas City to Minneapolis St Paul Intl IFR.

until now, my intalled voxatx is doing pretty much the same as described in the tutorial documentation. I am now mid fligh, before  mason city transition (mcw)

I will confirm the rest of the flight plan as soon as land at KMSP.

benams1

Ok, I can test a flight plan for you to see if I can replicate your results.

Hi,

everything work out well at the arrival at KMSP. I received the KASPR descent as described in the tutorial and I landed safely. I don't understand why it doesn't work at ELLX... My full flight plan EDDS SID KRH Z729 TOMPI Q760 MAPIG Q763 DISKI STAR ELLX

At the departure, I get the SID, but at the arrival, as described above only full ils , instead of star assignement...

I try it.  I have fsaerodata installed so the sim's database is at AIRAC 1904. Also, make sure that you don't have multiple versions of ELLX installed in your scenery library. 

I got the same result.:sad:

I also was assigned the SID departing  EDDS. Let me take a look at ELLX more closely and all of its procedures. It almost looks like some type of bug that's preventing VOXATC from assigning a STAR for RWY 06. Have you tried using different STAR transition points? I'd also try a transition altitude of 3500 ft, as this is default that VOXATC uses for  the UK/EU region. The value of AU/NZ is 10000 ft and the default transition altitude everywhere else is 18000 ft.

Even though no one recently has heard back from the VOXATC developer. It's worth it to send along a bug report to him via the official support email.

Hello, 

I tried a couple of flight plans:

- different transition point: AKELU instead of diski

- no transition point at all, so that voxatc can assign one.

Regarding the trans alt, I used as mentioned in the ELLX charts 4500ft.

Ok, I will give it a shot and contact voxatc support. 

And again, thank you! The fact that you observed the same behaviour at ELLX is an important information for me!

Best regards 

Benams1

I looked carefully at all the STAR approaches for ELLX and their is nothing unusual about them. The only thing that I noticed that is unique about ELLX is that the DIK ident is used for both an NDE and a VOR at the same location. Why this might matter to VOXATC, I have no clue.