Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Does anyone use Track IR anymore ?

I've used it for years with every sim and game that it will run with. I haven't had any problems after the initial "get used to it" phase. Since then I'm on my second one.

• Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I use it every time, even with airliners. However, I don't think I'd use it without Chaseplane to setup views where I'd otherwise have to crane my neck awkwardly, like looking down pedestal controls. Also, I usually take off around 10k feet to prevent fatigue. 

Used it for years now. Bought Oculus, didn't like it and went back to TIR. Can't fly without it. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

When I take the time to set all my goodies up... TrackIR, Buttkickers, all my flight panels, I luv it.  Been using it for years. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

30 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I use it every time, even with airliners. However, I don't think I'd use it without Chaseplane to setup views where I'd otherwise have to crane my neck awkwardly, like looking down pedestal controls. Also, I usually take off around 10k feet to prevent fatigue. 

Could be my problem. I don’t have chaseplane or ezdok. 

Orman

Just a thought for those using TIR with airliners, and many already know this, but if using TIR with Chaseplane or EZdok, you can set up the views so that  for example, a Captains seat setup could essentially have two of the same view, one with TIR disabled (no head movement) and one with TIR enabled so you can pan around the cockpit, just switch back and forth to whatever preference you desire.

I do this with all of the planes I fly, it works great when on final and you don’t want the “unwanted” head movements.

Just now, okupton said:

Could be my problem. I don’t have chaseplane or ezdok. 

I would definitely recommend you use TIR with either one of these programs, they are both great! 😁

• Upvote 1

I've been using TrackIR for many, many years (first used it with Janes F/A-18 Simulator back in the day) and would not part with it.

Can't beat it in DCS, and I use it for Taxi, Takeoff and Approach when flying Airliners and it's really incredible.  I also use it in conjunction with Chaseplane and it's terrific there was well.

Mine is very smooth, but this has to do with placement of the camera as well light sensativity settings and the overall profile you set up.  Once you have those nailed down (pretty easy) then you're all set!

This year we will have higher resolution VR, but I've not yet decided on whether I'll go with VR or hybrid vision.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Can't live without it.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

5 minutes ago, troyboy66 said:

Can't live without it.

You could....If you went VR. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

4 hours ago, mr340 said:

know with all VR function in P3D V4 many might have stop using  Track IR ,

Unfortunately, the state of consumer VR  technology is such that market penetration is still low. A few consumer VR headsets have finally been announced for 2019 that have a pixels/degree resolution that would at least allow one to more easily read VC gauges. 

TrackIR combined with a 4k monitor is still the best option at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, andreh said:

it's now outdated tech, mostly. 

Eh? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I always use it. Once you have your profile set up correctly to your own taste and your camera in the right spot its great. I have the TIR mounted to the top of the main screen.

• Like 1

I always use my Track-IR Pro with P3D and for other games like Elite Dangerous that can work with it too.  If it broke, I'd get another one even.

• Like 1

I always fly with TrackIR (earlier v4, now v5) and I can't imagine simming without it. I use airliners 99% of time.
I tried, just out of curiosity, not to use it and stick with a hat switch, but the difference was undescribable.

Since I purchased Chaseplane, I have used it together with TrackIR successfully. I have TiR enabled in the captain view only. My favourite way of simming now.
For me the ability to move my head to look around, get closer, look back and up/down instead of using a hat switch and/or a mouse is the closest to reality I have experienced.

I have tried VR (two folks I know have it) but I didn't like it at all.
So, for me, long live TrackIR! 🙂

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 3