Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Does anyone use Track IR anymore ?

I am using TrackIR 5 since the release of version 5, from the Cessna over the Airbus to the Fighter Jet.

In P3D (former FSX), DCS, Falcon BMS, IL2 Sturmovik 46 and BoX, Wings over Flanders Fields, European Truck Simulator and so on...

I would never play again any Simulation without it.

Invest the time to get used to it - its really a good Input Device that enriches the immersion.

Regards,

Jan

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I use TIR5 for years now, in FSX and now in Prepar3D with EZCA. Only problem is in the afternoon, when light is going through my , eh window blinds, then I have to shut it down till the sun doesnt hit my window directly. Maybe I have to play with TIR settings for that situation. But: it keeps me from flying too much!

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

17 minutes ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I use TIR5 for years now, in FSX and now in Prepar3D with EZCA. Only problem is in the afternoon, when light is going through my , eh window blinds, then I have to shut it down till the sun doesnt hit my window directly. Maybe I have to play with TIR settings for that situation. But: it keeps me from flying too much!

For all people having these issues make sure you cover the camera with black stockings, I found this solution long ago in some forum and it really helped

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I don't use TIR in P3D anymore, I prefer to use Chaseplane. However, I have recently started flying in the Harrier in DCS where I have found Track IR is absolutely imperative.

• Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I use it, in conjunction with the track clip pro, and chaseplane. I almost exclusively fly GA and Business GA stuff noways, a far cry from the days of every flight being for a VA in a tubeliner of some sort. One day I may return to the commercial side of things, i enjoy the TFDI 717 though.

Anyhow, I would not fly without Track IR now days, No issues for me, 27" 1080p monitor. Be nice to get a 32 or a smaller 4k tv and pair it up.

Edited by BrasiliaNick

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

On 4/14/2019 at 10:46 PM, vgbaron said:

I also use the seth profile. As far as settings go, to me, the most important is to map the F9 and F12 key to a rocker o the yoke. Makes it a split second to center and/or disable/enable TIR. That way you don't have to hold your head still. Flick the rocker and look around to find a switch, flick it again to freeze the view - click the switch or whatever - flickon again and center. Takes much longer to explain than to do. Once you get the hang of it you can look all the way around you quickly.

Vic

I use my middle mouse button for this. Press middle wheel to freeze, left thumb button to center and left wheel click to use the mouse to pan. Saves my rockers on the yoke for trim.

Vic green

I use it in conjunction with Ezca, every flight (GA, Airliner), every day...essential for me. Just great!

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I use TrackIR in P3D and Xplane using the same profile both for GA and airliners. I adds so much to the immersion when flying because usually all your hands are at the controls and when flying a roll you need to turn the head. I could not live without it. The next step would be VR, but the resolution / performance is just not there yet for XP or P3D (it is in Aerofly).

The only downside is that TrackIR requires > 30 FPS to be smooth. That said, it can become jerky when the frames drop below 30 fps (this is with G-SYNC).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

To all who use track ir , do you guys use track ir with true view enable ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

10 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

The only downside is that TrackIR requires > 30 FPS to be smooth. That said, it can become jerky when the frames drop below 30 fps (this is with G-SYNC).

If you don't mind somewhat coarser head tracking, put the TIR camera in Standard Mode. This sends far fewer (X,Y,Z) coordinates down the SimConnect channel in P3d4. The same reduction occurs for XP11, but of course without SimConnect.

I use it all the time... cost me about £2.00 to build, some IR LEDS (£0.30) , a resistor (£0.20), Playstation Eye camera (£1.50) and a track clip printed inhouse... Great when taxing, zooming in to read the taxiway...  Opentrack is great...  A lot cheaper than VR...  When up in the air, EZDOK or Chaseplane views work great...

Faisal Niazi

I also refuse to fly (or drive) without it. Been using TiR since round 2006. Last year my beloved device broke (my bad) and I immediately ordered a new one (v5): I didn't fly until I had it installed. I really seriously can't imagine flying (or driving) without it...!!!

I do own a Rift but it is gathering dust. I hate the low resolution but I also don't like the weight on my head and above all (very personal!!!) it seems to induce migraine (again, that's just me!). I also quite often felt somehow detached from the real world while using it and also after using it. All in all the current gen VR devices aren't my cup of tea. I prefer TiR all the time!!! 

Another tip for new users: do not place the Track IR device in the middle of your monitor (as most people seem to do at first) but make sure it's placed exactly opposite of your tracker on your head. If you have the TiR in the middle of the monitor you will easily lose connection with it when you look left (if you wear the tracker left). So if you wear (for instance) the Track Clip Pro on the left side of your head, put the TiR also on the left side of the monitor, as directly opposite as possible to each other (or however you say that in English...).

Another tip: make sure the Track Clip Pro is positioned as horizontally as possible, so not tilted up or down. I have my Clip on my headphone and every now and I accidentally move it a bit, tilting it up and down: as soon as I do that, the view may start jumping whenever I look up or down. If that happens, be sure to check of your Clip is still positioned as horizontally as possible! 

Edited by Guest