Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Does anyone use Track IR anymore ?

Wouldn't fly without it. Just makes everything natural to me.

Vic

• Like 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Agreed, won’t fly without it. A must have along with Chaseplane.

• Like 2

Craig Sells

I have always used Trackir for many years (fs9). It is the less expensive and more immersive at the same time.
VR is more immersive than Trackir but much more expensive.
Remember that each user is different and does not react the same way with Tir or VR. Some people are sick or not.(Internal ear)

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

2 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Eh? :huh:

... If one has moved on to VR, that is. Otherwise, I suppose it's not 

For those that don't like it with airliners, you do know you can adjust the field of view, speed, and a number of other parameters till you are satisfied with the view don't you? 

Originally learning to set it up can be a bit daunting but once you do it it's no problem.

I have one setting that works with all my flying as well as both ETS2 and ATS.

I won't give mine up and I have the hat clip as I don't wear a headset.

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Always use it - it’s great with my three monitor setup. Recently I purchased Chaseplane and it’s enhanced my experience.

I use it with the hat clip, so easy.

• Like 1

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

4 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I won't give mine up and I have the hat clip as I don't wear a headset.

I use mine with a hairband.  :)

black-plastic-narrow-hairband-10-per-pac

• Like 2

No since I started to use CP.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I still use TrackIR. I don't sim without it. I'd love a viable VR experience, but it doesn't seem to eb the time to make the jump for me as I do not think technology is good enough. 

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Bought tir years ago and never got comfortable with it, and than switched 2 years ago to Oculus and for me VR was a game changer. Since then I never started TIR again. Also use it with asseto Corsa and ETS2 and never want to use these games without it anymore.

Edited by Labbi85

Hi guys some of these comments about track ir  makes me want to give it a try once again . I will see if my eyes  won't hurt . Do you guys use any particular setting with track ir to make it more smooth ?

Edited by mr340

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

4 minutes ago, mr340 said:

Hi guys some of these comments about track ir  makes me want to give it a try once again . I will see if my eyes  won't hurt . Do you guys use any particular setting with track ir to make it more smooth ?

I use the “Seth” (I think 😜) profile from the TIR site, it’s a great base point to start with and make minor adjustments to suit your needs, hope this helps.

• Like 2

I will not fly without it regardless of the aircraft. After solving a recent problem with unwanted room reflections, it is back to being smooth, steady and natural. I use the cordless "TrackClip" for it's unrestrictive convenience.

With a 55 inch curved screen 4K monitor and high performance it is the very next best thing to reality in my opinion. Other than some future version of VR, I don't know how the experience could be equalled without it.

Each to his (or her) own, but Track IR still makes it "as good as it gets" for me since FS9 days.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

• Like 3

I tried using tack IR for a while but just could never get used to it. It’s hard to explain but it made me focus too much on my head movements and didn’t add anything to my simming experience, in fact made it worse for me. However, saying that to each their own and am not knocking the product.

Chaseplane and the middle “mouse button to pan” works a charm and have no issues with that system.

P.S I only fly airliners, I’d imagine it to be more beneficial for GA flying.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
Because I don’t proofread before hitting submit :-/
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

5 minutes ago, SpiritFlyer said:

I will not fly without it regardless of the aircraft. After solving a recent problem with unwanted room reflections, it is back to being smooth, steady and natural. I use the cordless "TrackClip" for it's unrestrictive convenience.

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Thank you Stephen , I will give it try tomorrow . 

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I tried using tack IR for a while but just could never get used to it. It’s hard to explain but it made me focus too much on my head movements and don’t add anything to my swimming experience, in fact made it worse for me. However, saying that to each their own and am not knocking the product.

Chaseplane and the middle mouse button to pan works a charm and have no issues with that system.

P.S I only fly airliners, I’d imagine it to be more beneficial for GA flying.

I understand exactly how you feel . But I manage to overcome that experience in the past by enable precision mode in track ir . What I miss about track ir is being able to look left or right when crossing a RWY flying on vatsim . Using the mouse for me it makes it slower . Like today flying from KJFK with very low visibility I kind of lost track of what turn atc told me to take, using track ir in this case would have result in better visual awareness . I will give it a try tomorrow and see if I can adapt to it once again. 

• Upvote 1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)