Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

Indexer hangs

I have p3dv4.5 and indexer is hanging at Weather\themes and sits there.. Any ideas?

I discovered the problem..a duplicate in the scenery in Lorby-si proggie..my fault..indexing fine.

Thanks,

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

P3d4 tends to ignore errors and duplicates in scenery.cfg and add-on.cfg, but VOXATC's Indexer is less forgiving.

Bob,

I am having the same issue (after loading GSX) but can you explain how you cleared it? did you just deltet or rename?

Jim

Unfortunately, you have to look carefully at all the entries in scenery.cfg, the two add-ons.cfg files and all the add-on.xml files. Most likely the GSX installation altered one or those files to create an inconsistency. Your first line of attack to solve the problem is to download and run Lorby's Add-on Organizer and see if it picks up any glitches in your scenery library. Also, anytime one adds either new scenery, AI schedules, user aircraft or other SimObjects, the VOXATC Indexer must be run again.

I ran into this also. As Jay says if you use the Lorby addon organizer you might be able to isolate the problem. For me it was the Fly Tampa libraries. To get the indexer to run I have to disable the Fly Tampa libraries using Lorby. Once the indexer has run I enable it again.

NAX669.png

How did you manage to disable only the FlyTampa libraries? In components..it will only disable all...which I did and indexer ran fine but if i enable it again..the indexer stops at weather\themes.

Thanks for any input and no duplicates found in Lorby.

Update: I had loaded voxatc into the Carendo..just one panel and it initializes...Disabled packages, save and close Lorby and then ran indexer fine and then I enabled the packages.....ran the indexer and it hung so maybe a workaround is to disable packages..run indexer..re-enable packages and go on your merry way? I just installed PMDG 747 and did the new routine and the voxatc initilized and said "Text-Text" :)

Make sense..lol

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

17 hours ago, mwilk said:

I ran into this also. As Jay says if you use the Lorby addon organizer you might be able to isolate the problem. For me it was the Fly Tampa libraries. To get the indexer to run I have to disable the Fly Tampa libraries using Lorby. Once the indexer has run I enable it again.

He nailed it on the head!! If you have Lorby-si the addon organizer...double click on FlyTampa Libraries..it will turn RED, click Save......close down and run your indexer and see if it goes thru..if it does..you're good to go. Make sure you go back and double click FlyTampa libraries..it will turn green and Save. Also check at bottom of add-on organizer and click check for duplicates to see if you have anything.

Good Luck!!

BobM.

Edited by unc1rlm
  • Like 1

Bob M

50 minutes ago, unc1rlm said:

He nailed it on the head!! If you have Lorby-si the addon organizer...double click on FlyTampa Libraries..it will turn RED, click Save......close down and run your indexer and see if it goes thru..if it does..you're good to go. Make sure you go back and double click FlyTampa libraries..it will turn green and Save. Also check at bottom of add-on organizer and click check for duplicates to see if you have anything.

Good Luck!!

BobM.

I'm glad to see it worked for you. I had the same issue with Lorby at first. I guess I could have read the manual but what fun would that have been?

NAX669.png