Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

P3D V4.5 Screen freeze

Hello

I have upgraded from V4.4 to 4.5,  V4.4 was good. 

When I  use V4.5 and start takeoff roll, as I leave the ground (rotate) I experience a 4 second screen freeze.  Any ideas what may be causing this issue?  V4.4 worked great.

I have deleted the shaders folder and CFG file. I use ORBX Global and Europe LC

Clive Alexander

Edited by clive6354
typo

Clive,

Can you try to disable Orbx first? Do your take off run and see if it happens. If it still does then start turning off scenery one at a time. After updating to 4.5 did you verify files in the ftx3 control panel? You should do that for each orbx region I believe. 

What plane are you experiencing this? Is it all of them?

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

As yet, I have not tried to disable ORB as I have reverted back to v4.4.  If I find that the problem is resolved when removing ORBX  does that mean that the problem is with ORBX or LM.  Why is it that other users using ORBX have reported no problems?  I have verified all ORBX files.  The aircraft I use for testing is the PMDG737 which is up to date.  I assumed that V4.5 was an advancement and did not expect to have to start and test every scenery one by one, this will take hours to complete and possible without any results.  I have picked up on other posts on the P3D support site saying that the problem of freezing is reported at UK2000 airports.  My airport was Birmingham (UK2000)  I have posted a message on the UK2000 forum asking if they are aware of any problems with their scenery

Edited by clive6354

Carrying out further tests on Screen Freeze problems I have narrowed the problem down to UK2000 airport (Birmingham)  I have posted a message on the UK2000 form for further advice

On doing further tests I have to apologise for saying that the problem was with UK2000 scenery. I decided to deselect every scenery title within the scenery library and then add them one by one (deleting shader folder and CFG file everytime) in an attempt to find which scenery was causing the problem. After I had added all the scenery files in turn I was not able to isolate any specific scenery area and now I do not receive a screen freeze when rotate from UK2000 (Birmingham). Can anyone explain why?

Clive

I was dealing with some freezes after upgrading to 4.5, lasting several seconds and on occasion, completely freezing up the sim requiring me to kill the process. While I'm not 100% sure yet, I deleted FSUIPC (was updated of course) and haven't had many issues since.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

It may be unrelated, but did you try deleting your scenery indexes? Just delete the entire "SceneryIndexes_x64" subfolder under "c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\", they will be rebuilt on the next launch. I got regular freezes with Tongass Fjords X after the update and this cured it for me.

EDIT: I initially cured the problem with TFX by doing what you did, i.e. deselecting and then reselecting the scenery folders. Then it occurred to me that what the disable/reenable process accomplished was equivalent to deleting the scenery indexes...

HTH,

Tym

Edited by tymk

Do users affected by this problem return to using V4.4 or is a fix to be issued very soon

With 4.5, I got the same "freeze" after takeoff for approximately 4 secs also.  Went back to 4.4 and all is well now.  No more freezing.

Stan