Sign in to follow this  
newtie

mapping a cockpit button?

Hi all-

I was wondering if it would be possible to map the small black cabin light button (the one that lights the entire VC) to a toggle switch on my HOTAS controller?

Have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi all-

I was wondering if it would be possible to map the small black cabin light button (the one that lights the entire VC) to a toggle switch on my HOTAS controller?

Have no idea how to proceed.

Thanks,

Mark

The answer is yes. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC it is very easy to do. If you don't have have a registered copy of FSUIPC, it takes a little more effort but I can modify the keys.XML file to get the job done.  BTW, just to be sure, I assume you are talking about the small round Dome light button on the overhead panel.

Al

Hi Al-

I have a registered version of FSUIPC. 

It is the dome light I'm talking about.

I'll do some poking around later on tonight and see what's up.

Cheers,

Mark

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Al-

I have a registered version of FSUIPC. 

It is the dome light I'm talking about.

I'll do some poking around later on tonight and see what's up.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Here's what you need to do:

1. Load the Falcon 50 and then under the Add-ons drop down menu open FSUIPC.

2. Go to the FSUIPC Buttons+Switches tab.

3. Push the button on your joystick that you want to program (although not a requirement, I would also suggest making this assignment Profile specific since this will only apply to the Falcon 50).

4. Check the Select for FS control box on the right side of the Buttons+Switches window.

5. In the drop down list under Control sent when button pressed select Toggle Wing Lights. You can leave the parameter and 'repeat while held' fields blank.

6. Click OK to save and exit FSUIPC.

So, I would guess, you are wondering why the heck are we selecting Toggle Wing Lights to operate the VC dome light. Long story short, my understanding is that there are only so many default light options provided by the sim, so apparently Mark had to map the dome light to this particular option. It took me a little while to figure this out, but I tried the above and it works, so give it a shot and let me know what happens.

Al

Edited by ark

Hi Al-

Just got this set up and it works perfect. I really need to get up close and personal with FSUIPC after all these years.

Is there a list of what is mapped to what somewhere or is this a trail and error exercis?. I suspect you have some time invested in just this one button alone!

Thanks again,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi Al-

Just got this set up and it works perfect. I really need to get up close and personal with FSUIPC after all these years.

Is there a list of what is mapped to what somewhere or is this a trail and error exercis?. I suspect you have some time invested in just this one button alone!

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear it is working as you wanted it to.

No, I'm not aware of any list that shows 'what is mapped to what'.

Al