byork

Announcing FS2Crew for the FSLabs Airbus

10 hours ago, busychild said:

Maybe a stupid question but couldn't you use mouse macros for that? I'm currently using them and they're working without opening up a 2D panel.

Awesome! Maybe you could also implement that feature for ProATC? ProATC is controlled via a custom menu (like the GSX menu) and as the FSLabs is controlling GSX already it should be possible to control this kind of windows.

Thanks and keep up the great work! Can't wait to have FS2Crew for the FSLabs!

Florian

The Labs has a 2D cockpit... can mouse macros be used when users are flying from the 2D cockpit?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 minutes ago, byork said:

The Labs has a 2D cockpit... can mouse macros be used when users are flying from the 2D cockpit?

I'm not sure as i'm always using the 3D cockpit but i would be surprised if this shouldn't work - according to some forum posts some users are using mouse macros on 2D panels. I'm on vacation right now but could give it a try next week if it helps you!

Best regards

Florian

Thanks, I'll check it out too.  Hopefully it can work.

Good news, I tried this in FSUIPC and it works in the 2D and VC cockpit.

Now I just need to emulate FSUIPC's mouse macro system...

6 minutes ago, byork said:

Good news, I tried this in FSUIPC and it works in the 2D and VC cockpit.

Now I just need to emulate FSUIPC's mouse macro system...

Sounds good! Thanks for your efforts!

Bryan, just to have an idea, how long more or less before we could see the A320 FS2Crew?

Well, the coding is basically done and the manuals are done.

But I want to emulate the mouse macro system... hopefully I can figure it out fast.

Once that's done, then it's beta testing and recording the voice sets.

Thank you. Another question: since there is no SDK, can the FO "read" the various aircraft parameters and understand the switches position?

Yes, I can read basically everything to a large degree -almost-, except the values in the FCU (ie., altitude) and the contents of the MCDU and some other stuff.

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, you can actually see the L vars available via the logging function.

That's what we can read.

The FSLABS A320 is the best A320 around. Flew it with a reel A320 pilot and he was amazed by the level of detail.  At least we will get FS2CREW for it . great news !

Well done Bryan

Now we are getting the crew I shall look in to buying the aircraft. I stuck by my post (no crew NO purchase)

What I have read about FSL their customer service needs to improve and give the customer the tools to help them realy enjoy the product. People have been asking for the SKD for over 2 years. Your Company listens to the customer and help to give them what they want, so well done for that has well.

John

Hi Ben,

We're currently testing now, and the group is closed.

Cheers,

so the F/O wont set anything in the FCU? 

Kinda pointless for me, I use FS2Crew because I want to hand-fly and the PF never touches the FCU when he's handflying only when the AP is on, the PM using the FCU while the PF is hand flying. When the AP is ON thats a different story. 

We can control the knobs and buttons on the FCU... for example "Pull Speed"... "Manage Nav", etc.

We can do that.

But we can't "read" the displayed values for ALT, SPD and HDG.  For that we need an SDK.  No way around it.

We could try estimating the values for Alt, Spd and headng, but it would be icky.

OK, but if i say "Pull Speed 210" will he be able to do that? 

No, because while we can twist the Speed Knob, we don't know what the value is in the Speed Window.  We wouldn't know when 210 has been reached so we can stop twisting the knob.

Clear as mud?

On 5/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, byork said:

No, because while we can twist the Speed Knob, we don't know what the value is in the Speed Window.  We wouldn't know when 210 has been reached so we can stop twisting the knob.

Clear as mud?

Yea, thats too bad though, its too bad you cant get fslabs to work with you on that, to me its an essential thing

Why not just set the speed manually?

The Airbus has auto-trim and auto-throttle...  your hands are quite free unless you're in Direct Law or something...

May I ask you if you got the same crew for the voice sets like in the previous products? Especially the DE accent?

Thanks in advance.

We haven't recorded the voice sets yet.

That's always the last part.

Thank you Bryan. So I'll see if I got the same first officer on the FSL Bus like on the 777 or Dash8 😉

One of the american voice sets on the Q400 sounds like hes about 9 yrs old, please please dont use that guy. 

hahaha ok

I don't think he's 9 though.