Sign in to follow this  
Fearless

The Bizjet I finally like.

After spending way too much money on finding a business jet that actually functions as they should, I have finally found the one. It is the Xtreme Prototypes GLJ Model 25 SE. A magnificent Gates Learjet.  I’ve also installed the Flight1 GTN750/650 that works perfectly with the AFCS. Having version 2.1 but so looking forward to the release of version 3.0 due for release early this year. No date set as yet.

I so wish I could obtain refunds for the others.

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Fred,

Glad you found "the one."  Would like to hear what makes it so.  Perhaps you've flown the real-world aircraft, and if so, what factors in it do you see in the simulation that makes your point?  I don't have the Xtreme Prototypes GLJ Model 25 SE, but have been curious about buying a business jet.  

Dave

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The Xtreme has the clearest virtual cockpit I have seen.  It is crystal clear and complex!

I'm not that comfortable with it's unrealistic speed controlling autopilot which is not realistic - but it works!

I would hope that version 3 might have better IAS mode - when it is released.

Great support too - if you ever need it!

• Upvote 2

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Have you not tried the Flysimware Lear 35? Not much wrong with the systems there either. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

21 hours ago, SAX702 said:

Fred,

Glad you found "the one."  Would like to hear what makes it so.  Perhaps you've flown the real-world aircraft, and if so, what factors in it do you see in the simulation that makes your point?  I don't have the Xtreme Prototypes GLJ Model 25 SE, but have been curious about buying a business jet.  

Dave

Hi Dave,

Never have flown in a real one but between the other jets I had, everything functions to my satisfaction. True that it should not have an auto throttle, I don’t utilise it. It is a new learning curve for me as I’ve been used to automation but apart from installing the Flight1 GTN750/650 I land dead stick (no auto land).

Make a calculated error!! 😄. You’ll better be on the ball to get out of it.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Hi Fred,

I had the Flysimware Lear 35 and Lionheart Lear 24 so I have been reluctant to add another Lear but, from what I have read, the Xtreme Prototypes Lear seems to be very well liked by those who use it so it is interesting to hear your views too. Quality bizjet simulations have been a little neglected in FSX over the years with few being available apart from the Flight1 Cessna Mustang and the recently released Flysimware Falcon 50, which now provides FSX at last with a well simulated long range bizjet. The various Carenado bizjets, though beautiful, can sometimes leave a bit to be desired in terms of systems but, to be fair, many of them are quite pleasant to fly using the various GTN mods available.

Bill

I have both and both have their strengths and weaknesses, such that I feel they're pretty equal except for one thing: The level of detail and quality of the interior and exterior modelling is significantly higher in the 25, which for me makes it the preferred aircraft. OTOH, the 35 can be had quite inexpensively if you can grab on sale.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)