Sign in to follow this  
GardenData61371

I can't decide between P3D and X-Plane 11

How can someone advise you on that question? Neither one makes coffee or raises interest earned at the bank. Seems you already answered your own question. "I miss FSX" and P3D is improved FSX." 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

If you can't get used to it or aren't getting hooked on it, then the answer is obvious I'd say.

I also have an X-Plane installation I've poured many hundreds of dollars and lots of hours into getting set up but I almost exclusively fly P3D these days, because I find it a more appealing product overall at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

i have both but use p3dv4 more...i can't stand xplane11 sky/weather graphics👎

Edited by Arthur42417

Depends...

what kind of flight simulation do you prefer? Rotary wing ? If so, there's no other choice between the two than X-Plane... ( or you might consider DCS World and it's UH-1H )...

Is it the chance to fill your external view with a worth of excelent freeware scenery ? X-Plane is again the way to go... But extraordinary payware is also available, like Great Britain by ORBX for XP11, a true Masterpiece !

In any other case... go P3D.

Or keep both, each for it's own ( I can't ... but that's me... )

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

fly xplane11 , go to outside view from the back of aircraft then bank left ore right, watch the aircraft banking - is this real flight dynamics lol

Ask the same question in the X-Plane forum and see the answers you get. You're not going to get an unbiased answer in either. The "defenders of the realm" will be out in force in no time. I use both along with DCS depending on my mood. I enjoy all of them.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

In my opinion, if you use to fly in VFR rules with a small aircraft, keep XP11 with ortho sceneries. If you want to fly an airliner in IFR, go to P3D.

7 hours ago, GardenData61371 said:

I already have X-Plane 11 but I just can't get used to it. I miss FSX and P3D is like fsx improved. Should I switch to P3D? 

What is it you don't like about XP 11?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have been flightsiming since 98 and fly privately but I have also spent over 7 hours in the 737NG/767-300/A320 real sims and I can say that XPlane Dynamics are much better and more realistic.

That being said the pros of P3Dv4.4 no out of memory and its much smoother overall compared to FSX, weather with REX and Active Sky is the best you can get and the developers are great.

Sim wise the flight feel for P3D is more arcade but you do have some better flight models that you can buy and many of choices.

X Plane11 Zibo MOD is hands down the most accurate 737-800 you can get and its free and worked on almost daily with many updates weekly.  Xplane weather is getting better and I have active sky but it lacks turbulence in and around CB's at the flight levels and the haze shader or modeling isnt the best if you are from a region that is relatively clear with 50 plus miles of vis.  It can be real for that hot summer hazy day in Socal. One big negative is there are no seasons or easy seasons with Xplane 11, I understand they are coming and there are a few programs available. Clouds textures are also not of REX quality but there are some good ones out there.

Xplane doesn't have as many payware airports but many of the mainstream developers are going over so its getting better all the time and the sceneries tend to be less money for equal quality.

Xplane is still smoother overall and easier to work with from a rebuild or addon standpoint, I have used it for 9 months without one missed boot, if something isn't correct it tells you and still boots and is flyable snd you get scenery message.

This last point is my favorite as I also have ORBX Global and Vector with P3D and its a nightmare every time you update anything, I know it is getting better but I have to mess with it and fix it way more than anything with Xplane.
I hope this helps as I use both depending on the missions but its ans awesome time for flightsimers.

By the way, one last thought is you will need at least a 8G 1070 video card and a newer Intel Processor of at leat 4 or 4.5Ghz for P3D.

I get about the same frames with all the addons in both around 30 steady, when Xplane dips its smoother still than P3D but I have very little problems with either in the performance category, also less if any tweaking to CFG in P3D compared to FSX.

Shayne

• Like 1

Get both. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

:P Timothy Murphy

I have both, I only use P3D.

31 minutes ago, t4murphy said:

Get both. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. 

+1

Life is short. Why choose? Get both.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

P3D comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, so why not try it and decide for yourself?

Regards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I fly 777, 747, 787, Q400, new upcoming ATR, all in P3D v4... it will be ages before you see these in XP11..  and I can't live without these beauties... 

For narrowbodies (FF A320, the incredible Zibo 737), GA & helos, I fly exclusively in XP11.. you can't beat the night lighting, OSM roads with street lights, ortho4xp, better smoothness overall, etc..

And to get a taste of how a modern, powerful flightsim should be, I fly AFS2.. the other day, I flew into KLAX at 100+ FPS on ultra settings with autogen maxed out.. go figure that out! 

I spend a few months in each sim before moving to the next.. this way, i give the other sims 3-4 months to evolve and when i go back to them, i'd be greeted with a lot of developments.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.