GardenData61371

I can't decide between P3D and X-Plane 11

Please put this thread in the General forum.

¬†ūüėę

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What a funny question...

It's like asking which is better... Chicken or Beef?

• Upvote 1

You don't have to decide between them, there is nothing stopping you from enjoying both.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just switched from p3d to xplane. However both have their uses. I don't buy scenery and became fed up with the default P3d airports. The xplane ones are amazing and there are all free and regularly updated. I can also run my x5 3570k gtx970 machine with most sliders 3/4 right and still get good frame rates with no autogen popping or blurry textures. The zibo 737 with rain effects (YouTube it) are amazing and runs fine on my machine.

I stopped on P3d on v3.4. LM are not in the consumer market so a lot of the things we want are not coming in quick enough. Huge lists of changes in each point release but not much to excite.

There is no denying the weather, ai traffic etc are far better in P3d though. I really miss my aerosoft a320.

I am rambling. My advice is buy both. Use both. Switch  between them like switching  between planes.

Edited by sanh

9 hours ago, sanh said:

I just switched from p3d to xplane. However both have their uses. I don't buy scenery and became fed up with the default P3d airports. The xplane ones are amazing and there are all free and regularly updated. I can also run my x5 3570k gtx970 machine with most sliders 3/4 right and still get good frame rates with no autogen popping or blurry textures. The zibo 737 with rain effects (YouTube it) are amazing and runs fine on my machine.

I stopped on P3d on v3.4. LM are not in the consumer market so a lot of the things we want are not coming in quick enough. Huge lists of changes in each point release but not much to excite.

There is no denying the weather, ai traffic etc are far better in P3d though. I really miss my aerosoft a320.

I am rambling. My advice is buy both. Use both. Switch  between them like switching  between planes.

Same here...2500k 4ghz GTX 980.  I truly use them both almost 50 50.  Before 64bit p3d came out I nearly quit cause of all the OOM'S but V4 made those a moot point

I think this has run its course. Congrats to all for not making it a flame war but we could get thousands of opinions here and they don't mean a thing. The OP has to buy and try both and decide based upon their own testing.

Interesting thread though.........

Vic