Sign in to follow this  
WilliamS

P3D v4 recommended PC specs?

Ray, did you know that the Gigabyte version is even less? £447. You know what? I agree with the 2070 idea as well. In case you haven't seen it, its here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jkRYjy from @ckyliu.. Regarding this ongoing budget argument - please just stop! Last time this happened, Charlie came swooping in to close the topic.

Edited by WilliamS

5 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

Ray, did you know that the Gigabyte version is even less? £447. You know what? I agree with the 2070 idea as well. In case you haven't seen it: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jkRYjy from @ckyliu, which I think is an excellent idea. In my opinion, budget = value for money (I think that's the phrase), and that design = value for money. Regarding this ongoing budget argument - please just stop! Last time this happened, Charlie came swooping in to close the topic.

You might want to consider a AIO water cooler for that 9600K.  The 6 and 8 core cpu’s do run a little hotter.  But it does depend on how aggressive you want to overclock.

Matt Wilson

Aggressive? What are you talking about? *CPU melts through floor*

2 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

Aggressive? What are you talking about? *CPU melts through floor*

What speed overclock are you going for?  Or are you not going to bother overclocking?

Matt Wilson

4 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

What speed overclock are you going for?  Or are you not going to bother overclocking?

I would overclock, but no idea how much. Probably as much as I can without it, you know, melting. I would buy water cooling, but it is quite expensive, and I would be very nervous about purposefully putting water inside my brand new PC, only to find that it leaks...

Edited by WilliamS

4 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

I would overclock, but no idea how much. Probably as much as I can without it, you know, melting.

Go with liquid cooling

Matt Wilson

7 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Go with liquid cooling

OK. Will do, thanks.

Also, congratulations everybody. We have turned this into a "Hot" topic.

Edited by WilliamS

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

Everyone's definition of a "budget" is different. 

Exactly. I'm not even saying I'm disagreeing with your recommendation, because it's all down to the individual, but I didn't think the response to the contrary opinion was justified. After all, at the time, you gave no more justification for your opinion than Mr Low did for his.

Maybe if you'd included this at the time it would have been more helpful:

I try and make recommendations that can possibly save people money in the long run.  Spend a little extra now or risk spending a lot more in the near future because you are not satisfied with your performance.  P3D V4 requires a "stout" GPU to take advantage of dynamic lighting, shadows, heavy weather, and night flying.  It is was my opinion that a RTX2070 would be the cheapest GPU he could purchase now and not leave him disappointed with his purchase. 

It reads a lot better than this:

...why is it a few select people on these forums feel the need to constantly attack others opinions?

People disagree with each other all the time on discussion forums. That's how they work...especially on AVSIM.

Paul, that's really not helpful! We are trying to move on from that minor issue in my phrasing which has since been inflated by certain people!

7 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Exactly. I'm not even saying I'm disagreeing with your recommendation, because it's all down to the individual, but I didn't think the response to the contrary opinion was justified. After all, at the time, you gave no more justification for your opinion than Mr Low did for his.

Maybe if you'd included this at the time it would have been more helpful:

It reads a lot better than this:

People disagree with each other all the time on discussion forums. That's how they work...especially on AVSIM.

Thanks for the super helpful insight.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

Now that we are throwing useless comments around, shall we stop this fight?

48 minutes ago, WilliamS said:

OK. Will do, thanks.

Also, congratulations everybody. We have turned this into a "Hot" topic.

I have a Corsair hydro cooler.  I think it is the h110i if I remember right.  Anyways it is on it’s 3rd build and still going strong.  Just FYI

Matt Wilson