Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA v2.66 now available

On 4/15/2019 at 12:59 PM, MattDavies said:

Hi all,

I recently just made v2.66 of PTA available which fixes the urban night lighting tweak error.

Please note: v2.66 is ONLY compatible with Prepar3D v4.5, use v2.65 for Prepar3D v4.4

You can find the download (and all previous versions) via your order page on the SimTweaks website. 

I will have some pretty major news regarding PTA & it's future in the coming weeks. P3D v4.5 brings a wealth of new things for us to utilize, that mixed with hiring a developer from the games industry that understands shader technology, let's just say that the future is very bright for PTA 🙂

Thanks,

Matt.

Hey is the v2.65 have the water surface tuning fixed?

On 4/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, GSalden said:

How are you going to use expressions with sliders only ... ? 

Expressions are dynamical tweaks already and can be used in PTA for several years already.

My All Months preset sets include lots of expressions : altitude, weather, time of day, month of the year, etc.

That some weather program developers talk about it now does not mean it wasn’t present already .... 😀

https://simtweaks.com/support

it turned out that it can be done, EF from REX.

thanks for the enlightenment.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Hello, Matt. I find a bug in 2.66

Haze effect applied ONLY with Raley scattering effect. If i want apply haze effect only, i see in log: ERROR applying tweak [Haze effect]  Problem with patch #1 - Patched block not found

Why when I try to download it now, the 2.66, all browsers do not do it and report it as a virus? It did not happen before.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On 6/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, Vali said:

Why when I try to download it now, the 2.66, all browsers do not do it and report it as a virus? It did not happen before.

Me too, I have the same problem.

Same here :"Virus found!", please fix that archive. Can I use the 2.65 with P3D V4.5?

Greetings from Germany

Mark

Edited by starmarky

Подскажите пожалуйста, у меня была pta v.2.65, она не подходит для препарата 4.5, я скачал и установил новую pta v3, но она не пошла у меня выдает ошибки

может подскажите действия с помощью которых можно нормально поставить версию 3

Edited by Yuriy2205

если кто то захочет помочь,то вот мой скайп,потому что сам я наверно не разберусь  live:d3b19c46f144c8f0

Hi Matt, the latest version installs fine, but I can't find your tweak that showed up every time I installed previous versions.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

On 7/19/2019 at 11:07 PM, Luis_KMIA said:

Hi Matt, the latest version installs fine, but I can't find your tweak that showed up every time I installed previous versions.  Am I missing something?  Thanks.

Luis Linares

I've updated it with my latest preset for you, just re download 2.66 and it's inside there. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

20 hours ago, MattDavies said:

I've updated it with my latest preset for you, just re download 2.66 and it's inside there. 

Many thanks Matt!  Cheers!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hello,

I just updated P3Dv4.5 to Hotfix2 (4.5.13.32097) I am getting these errors I have done the usual what I have seen as solutions in other posts I deleted the ShadersHLSL and repaired with Install_client to replace an original ShadersHLSL folder I have even done a full reinstall of P3D and always run the PTA application as administrator but still suddenly I always see these errors,

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\WLH\Downloads\pta_2.66 (1)\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\WLH\Downloads\pta_2.66 (1)\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file C:\Users\WLH\Downloads\pta_2.66 (1)\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found

The program is still creating the CONFIG_BACKUP with a Prepar3D CFG File in and the SHADERS_BACKUP contains Cloud.fx, FuncLibrary.fxh, GPUTerrain.fxh and the PostProcess folder contains the FXAAResolve.hlsl.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Dear Matt,

I am facing the same problem as above. Clean install of P3Dv4.5 to Hotfix2 (4.5.13.32097). Clean install of PTA 2.66.

Please see below as my product is currently unusaeable. I appreciate any help.

JC

Prepar3D directory found at G:\Prepar3D v4\
Prepar3D 4.5.13 build 32097 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file G:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file G:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
Preset G:\PTA 2.66\MattDaviesJuly2019.ini loaded

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.