Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Nevada Basin and Range out of Elko

Alabeo's wonderful Cardinal with great avionics, an autopilot (for Xplane11) and the late afternoon light playing on the Nevada high desert.

John

LviR2Ga.png
gwOQaPj.png
q2u3QuG.png
WEs0dcu.png
Ffsqdll.png
lCYmfBp.png
bWZJed3.png
PRdEKnS.png
U0kwVha.png
UNpUK2Y.png
FvSuSp0.png
cwhVslH.png
sXh3Oeh.png
OWHzSCA.png
aeCuhPP.png
M1xT1rR.png
d9g5udT.png
6neZS0q.png
4FQPhgc.png
rfPNBx1.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Alabeo and Cardinal...great combination choice of aircraft here...

I like it because three different visual models can be had, retractable gear, fixed gear with wheel pants, or fixed gear without wheelpants, making for a very nice selection of aircraft to fly.  It also holds altitude very well, for these flights I cruised at 11,000 feet which offers a great vantage point for the flight.

John

Cardinal, always a favorite. Great strut-free wing views.

John

• Like 1

Beautiful set of shots! Like the wing views.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2  PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

8 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

Beautiful set of shots! Like the wing views.

Thanks, if I can ever get a GA ticket instead of a Light Sport license (I would need a vision waiver because my left eye cannot read letters or numbers), I would seek out a used Cardinal, I just think it looks contemporary even today, and it offers a great view, either that or the pushmepullu, the 337 twin engine Cessna, also a classic.  My Dad was interested in buying one back in the 60's but balked when he saw the price, I ended up a happy child anyway since he had the money to take us on many summer vacations, and my not owning a Light Sport aircraft helped me provide many Disney and San Diego vacations, California and Florida for my wife and daughter, followed by my daughter's east coast vacation with her friends, visiting Boston, Providence, and New York and the new WTC.  I walked atop the old WTC in '99 and my daughter walked upon the new WTC a few years ago, following somewhat in my footsteps.  😊

John