6zItmX.jpg

YJ5C2r.jpg

t2rUz2.jpg

qrZ8sZ.jpg

fSicgH.jpg

MH1Xii.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Wonderful aircraft, wonderful to see it flying in Xplane11

John

This is in Aerofly FS2... 😃

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

11 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

This is in Aerofly FS2... 😃

How extensive is the photo coverage in Aerofly FS2, or is it photo coverage?  What about airport coverage and the weather system?

John

The scenery (in fact, the whole environment) looks as real as I could ever hope for.

John

17 minutes ago, John_Cillis said:

How extensive is the photo coverage in Aerofly FS2, or is it photo coverage?  What about airport coverage and the weather system?

John

Actually the entire world is covered, most of it in low-resolution Orthos suitable for an airliner at cruise height. This is supplemented by specific higher resolution areas which include several states like California, New York, Nevada and more, Including entire countries like Switzerland, the Netherlands and the WIP UK. The higher resolution areas include numerous airports and even more freely available via something called FSCloudport.

Weather is a work in progress, but has recently been updated by a third party application that injects real time weather, though the sim itself has no rain or other visual weather effects.... Yet. 😃

Essentially Aerofly is a Young up-and-coming sim with a lot of promise that will take a lot of work.

Right now its the fastest thing we have, in VR

Devons rig

29 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Actually the entire world is covered, most of it in low-resolution Orthos suitable for an airliner at cruise height. This is supplemented by specific higher resolution areas which include several states like California, New York, Nevada and more, Including entire countries like Switzerland, the Netherlands and the WIP UK. The higher resolution areas include numerous airports and even more freely available via something called FSCloudport.

Weather is a work in progress, but has recently been updated by a third party application that injects real time weather, though the sim itself has no rain or other visual weather effects.... Yet. 😃

Essentially Aerofly is a Young up-and-coming sim with a lot of promise that will take a lot of work.

Right now its the fastest thing we have, in VR

How about the disk space footprint?  I would have to get a secondary drive or SSD drive as my main drives are maxed out with Xplane11 and P3DV4.  I do not intend on getting P3DV5 since V4 covers all my needs with the addition of Xplane11.

John

5 minutes ago, John_Cillis said:

How about the disk space footprint?  I would have to get a secondary drive or SSD drive as my main drives are maxed out with Xplane11 and P3DV4.  I do not intend on getting P3DV5 since V4 covers all my needs with the addition of Xplane11.

John

If you have seen the size of Orbx True Earth Netherlands and Uk, then you have an idea of the disk requirements. Its just a truism that Orthos are bigly huge.

I grabbed a 6TB hard drive when I saw all this stuff coming down the pike, and I might grab another just on general principles.

Devons rig

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

If you have seen the size of Orbx True Earth Netherlands and Uk, then you have an idea of the disk requirements. Its just a truism that Orthos are bigly huge.

I grabbed a 6TB hard drive when I saw all this stuff coming down the pike, and I might grab another just on general principles.

I know to fully Ortho the US alone in Xplane11 I would need another 2 terrabytes, but really it is the time factor that keeps me from adding more Ortho, since I have most of the Southwestern US covered, from much of Utah, to all of Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, parts of west Texas, and much of California to just south of Redding.  In P3DV4 I have MSE's original California, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Arizona, in addition I have my Colorado scenery hosted here at Avsim plus all of Wyoming I made with FSEarthtiles as well. 

I have not added Wyoming to Avsim just due to the time constraint of packaging up the scenery within Avsim's library's file size limits, which would require eight or nine separate files and some hours of work that would just tire me out--Colorado was enough, lol and it works for FSX and P3DV4.  Funny, when my old hard drive crashed the only way I could restore Colorado was to download my own eight files from Avsim's library, plus I had to redownload my trike, which I was happy I put at Avsim too.  When P3D went from 4.3 to 4.4, my trike quit displaying properly so I had to delete some textures that were causing parts to appear transparent.  It worked, but the trike can only be loaded from my saved situation, not from my aircraft library in P3D.  Luckily I can display all my variations of it by saving new situations and editing the xml files in notepad, changing the aircraft reference.

John

Does she have a fully functioning GPS?

Edited by jt8d9a

I've tended to avoid orthos simply due to the flatness. But now with the wide availability (and sometimes high cost) of positional and shape data, Orthos are having a type of renaissance due to the ability to cover them from horizon to horizon with at least semi-accurate buildings.

X-Plane lead the way on this, with P3D bringing up the rear, but Aerofly is the only sim actually made for this, and its speed is a major selling point. I don't even blink at 100's of frames per second over huge cities anymore.

Or total smoothness at max settings in VR.

Devons rig

1 minute ago, jt8d9a said:

Does she have a fully functioning GPS?

The functionality of the GPS is currently limited to displaying a moving map showing your location. This however has a fair chance of changing, hopefully sooner rather than later, as Ipacs is looking closely at this as well, and seems to be leaning forward into the possibility.

We should know more, soon.

Devons rig

Sweet!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick