Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

Is there away to found out what frequency you on

I just completed a flight with the PMDG 747 8i v3, there is a known problem with the FO switch in the vhs mic off when tuning the radio. I forgot this today and i miss a AtC handoff because of that. So i wonder, is there a way to find what frequency you should be monitoring at different stage of the flight?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

20 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

I just completed a flight with the PMDG 747 8i v3, there is a known problem with the FO switch in the vhs mic off when tuning the radio. I forgot this today and i miss a AtC handoff because of that. So i wonder, is there a way to find what frequency you should be monitoring at different stage of the flight?

Pierre

You could try "confirm frequency".

He would typically recall the last frequency that was included in a caption, under "contact 1XX.XXX"

Thanks again, i will try that on my next flight 

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hello Pierre!

The Default ATC in the sim is completely unrealistic.  Have you ever considered flying on VATSIM or IVAO?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Gerald,

i just tried ´´confirm frequency ´´ and the FO doesn’t seem to understand, i get no reply from him, 

Pierre

hi Dave,

Right now i am flying with PF3 & MCE, i am looking into Vatsim but i red that the coverage for Canada is not great.

Pierre Nantel

3 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi Gerald,

i just tried ´´confirm frequency ´´ and the FO doesn’t seem to understand, i get no reply from him, 

Pierre

hi Dave,

Right now i am flying with PF3 & MCE, i am looking into Vatsim but i red that the coverage for Canada is not great.

My bad. That particular request isn't in yet. Maybe should be added.

There are all sorts of requests you can make with PF3 and related to ATC. Think...

Confirm assigned runway

confirm assigned altitude

confirm assigned heading

confirm speed limit

confirm assigned squawk

confirm atc clearance

Confirm latest wind

etc...

replace "confirm" in sentences above with "what about", "remind me the ", and other variations and you have many more commands available to you.