Sign in to follow this  
biloo

Error loading with pta 2.66

Hi Matt,

I think I did a boo boo with my pta 2.66. Instead of making any backup with my shaders I eagerly applied ini shaders file provided with 2.65 into 2.66 and instead getting an error.
I tried to check and uncheck Urban lighting but still getting the same error messages:

In the end I was able to load initial config file.

Applying preset F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\MattDavies_Dec18 (2).ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
ERROR applying preset: source file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not found
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not exists
Shader backup F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh has been restored to F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not exists
ERROR: backup of shader file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl not exists
Shaders cache cleared
Backup of config file F:\Program Files\pta_2.66forP3D4.5\CONFIG_BACKUP\Prepar3D.cfg has been reatored to C:\Users\Bilal Asif Khan\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

Edited by biloo

Bilal Asif Khan

Easy one to fix ...

... just reinstall the P3Dv4.5 *CLIENT*. It will re-create the shaders folder in P3D root.

I always make a backup of the folder immediately after an upgrade. Quite a few files, but they're all tiny - so it doesn't take long at all.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks Adam,

I just did that. Quick question regarding the new pta 2.66. PTA 2.66 I downloaded doesn't have Matt's ini file. Can I use the one provided in v2.65 zip file ?

Bilal Asif Khan

Dear Sirs,

I also keep getting this error messages:

Prepar3D directory found at D:\P3D v4.5\
ERROR: You use unsupported version of Prepar3D!
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Socker\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Socker\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
Shaders backup directory created at D:\P3d add-ons\PTA v2.66\SHADERS_BACKUP\
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\P3D v4.5\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\FXAAResolve.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
WARNING: you have outdated shaders in backup

I recently installed P3D v4.5.13 from scratch, added Orbx and Active Sky P3D. So an absolutely new installation. Getting this error messages, I already took your advice and re-installed the "Client", however, no improvement.

I would really appreciate some support on this issue.

Thank you very much!

Achim

Hi Matt,

many thanks. The 2.67 version just appeared to be available at simmarket. Now it works. Only the activation seems to be a problem today. Server down-time.

Save landing and

kind regards

Achim

3 hours ago, loomy said:

Hi Matt,

many thanks. The 2.67 version just appeared to be available at simmarket. Now it works. Only the activation seems to be a problem today. Server down-time.

Save landing and

kind regards

Achim

Same. Something has do be done about using the software when offline....

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Same. Something has do be done about using the software when offline....

This is ridiculous. I activated [the revised] 2.67 yesterday, now it's asking for activation again ... and I'm getting the server error as well.

Not sure how I'm meant to help the community out developing presets for PTA when I can't actually use it.

At this stage, it's looking highly likely that PTA will be deleted from my system and I'll be taking down my presets pages. It's simply not worth the bother. I don't get any renumeration for what I do and only have so much free time to offer.

And before anyone says the usual "don't let the door hit you on the way out", I'd like to remind people of the string of broken promises made here (and elsewhere) ...

1) That PTA was going to get completely recoded (in a different programming language).

2) Wait ... no need ... as there's going to be a successor to PTA that will blow your mind.

3) The false update notification will be fixed.

4) Any day now ...

5) Wait ... wait ... wait.

Might I add that PTA is not freeware .. and that a certain minimal level of support is expected.

Yes ... of course I'm cheesed off.

Adam.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Are you ok, Adam?

It went offline for less than 24hrs. That's the second time in 2.5 years. Sure, it's frustrating & the timing isn't great but it is what it is.

It's back up now, everything is stabilised. Just go outside, take a walk, letting things like the above get to you to that level isn't healthy. I know this too well, I spent most of my 20's getting mad at the most trivial things. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

2 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

Are you ok, Adam?

It went offline for less than 24hrs. That's the second time in 2.5 years. Sure, it's frustrating & the timing isn't great but it is what it is.

It's back up now, everything is stabilised. Just go outside, take a walk, letting things like the above get to you to that level isn't healthy. I know this too well, I spent most of my 20's getting mad at the most trivial things. 

I'm fine thanks Matt ... and no need for the patronising/condescending tone 😉 The fact remains that my previous points (1-4) remain true - and you haven't really either addressed them or given us a satisfactory reply, IMHO.

I vaguely remember this notification/activation thing promised being sorted/imminent many months ago - in which case a small interruption in server uptime wouldn't have created so much upset.

Adam.

I've already explained what the situation is many a time, but sure, I'll explain again.

1) PTA has been rewritten from scratch. It is about 95% completed however due to a failed investment (which unfortunately I had zero control over), the person who developed it didn't get paid and thus wont release the code. We both have come to an agreement that will come to light soon enough.

2) That is point 1...

3) It's fixed.

4) & 5) ...?

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.