737Andi

Ortho4xp and Airport Environment HD

Hello,

I love both addons very much.
Only problem is that ortho4xp tiles make the green beside the runway very blurry while on the ground. Up in the air the ortho4xp tiles look great.
I would therefore rather prefer to have the nice looking green from Airport Environment HD instead.

Is that somehow possible? I covered the whole Airport with Ortho4xp in Maximum CL.

Using a payware scenery is a good solution since the whole highly detailed airport is then put over the ortho4xp tiles.
However I do not want to buy all payware sceneries to remove the blurry green beside the runways.

Thanks!

Best regards

Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ortho4XP allows you to download higher resolution orthos for areas of interest such as around airports. Let's say you have a tile at ZL17, you can then draw a box around the airport in Ortho4XP and select that area to be downloaded as ZL19 for example giving you a much sharper image closer to the ground. There are a quite a few YouTube tutorials on how to do this.

Yes and I have exactly done so.

And as explained above the CL19 tiles from ortho4xp look ugly on the ground in comparison to the Airport Environment HD grass.
Therefore my question above.

Does anyone have a solution to make this possible?

Thanks!