Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

Whilst many users wait for a fix to be issued in relation to low FPS in V4.5 do they return to using V4.4.

I had changed to V4.5 mainly to take advantage of the new night lighting, especially when used with words not allowed software but not possible at the moment

Clive Alexander

I don't return to 4.4. Currently I am flying only in add-on areas which are not too much affected on my system: Asian airports, South European airports, US  airports (except Western area) Caribbean airports, ...

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

As I use a 30FPS lock, I did not really notice the FPS loss due to 4.5 so far. But if there is one, I will be happy to use the fix. It might allow me to increase one or another setting a notch, as I obviously have enough overhead currently...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4.5 was a disaster for me, so have returned to 4.4.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I did a fresh install of 4.5 a few days ago and have to say I am also seeing quite a bit of performance degradation and stutters.  I initially attempted just a Client and Content update but had CTD issues immediately thereafter.  It does not appear my fresh install has helped as I am having have quite a few CTD's and 'hangs' as well but I have not seen any other reports of these issues. I do not use any ORBX regions but do use FTX Global/Vector and OpenLC.  I did also update to the latest FSL 319/320 so the CTD's could be related to that but I did have one with default F22.  I found I have to reduce if not turn off my UTL traffic which I never had to do in 4.4 in order to stay at or at least near 30 fps.  I'm not going to roll back to 4.4 at this point since I spent so much time on the reinstall.  I will wait and see what the LM hotfix entails and hopefully that helps.  Otherwise I have to rework all of my settings to get back to smooth flying.

Update:  I have just tested a couple scenarios and I am seeing a massive hit with AI traffic where as I did not see this before.  I have a basic default scenario I use to test the FSL 320 at a default airport and I always have low 30's FPS with default Fair WX.  I just ran the scenario and I had 8 fps.  I turned off UTLive (only have 80 aircraft limit) and it shot back up to low 30's.  So this never happened in 4.4 as I saw minimal effect from AI.  In my case it seems AI traffic is having a much bigger hit than it did in 4.4. Strange...as the airport I am at does not even have airline traffic so this is simply having AI traffic loaded up in the vicinity.

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I've got a bit lower FPS mostly in the SOCAL area.  That's where I've done most of my flying.  A few stutters at other airports like FB PHX.  But for some reason my performance actually seemed better at LatinVFR MIA.  Could be placebo but I'll wait for the hotfix and see what's happening.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Perfect performance for me too. Additionally, I always hated unlocked FPS, because it was too stuttery - with 4.5 I am running unlocked. Maybe a placebo, maybe not.

One note though: on EACH .x release I completely wipe the sim and install it new, including addons. Yes, it's work, but honestly I never install more than I really fly. And I don't mind quickly installing something prior to flight. Always have my 5-6 aircraft that I often fly installed and configured, the only thing that comes when needed are airports. It's worth to me to have it clean and working. Never had a single problem. You must know however what to take over from old to new sim and what not.

What is worrying about the current situation with FPS and screen freeze in V4.5 is that It does not affect every user.  If the problem affected every user it would be a straight forward fix.  So many variables

Clive Alexander

• Upvote 2

I did autogen buildings to normal, this is „trick” for me when Im waiting for the patch. FPS are on the level 60-90. I can live with this ;).

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

For everyone how is waiting for v4.5. It is worth the wait. Gorgeous lighting, smoother view paning and very fast loading times. I did as @YoYo suggested and kept the buildings autogenslider at normal. Also until the fix is ready I never once touched the Blackout Desktop box. I wouldn't even look at it because I had really bad performance with v4.5 at first.

Now everything runs smoothly and it is well worth the wait or if one dares the full reinstall.

Great update LM!

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Did the P3D v4.5 client and content only updates.

Everything went smoothly. Cleared the shaders cache and allowed P3D to build a new cfg.

Then updated PTA to v2.66 and also updated AS4, and both are working normally under v4.5, I have not yet updated the paid version of FSUIPC, but will attempt to do that in the near future.

Load times are a bit faster now... Load to start screen time = 50 secs. Load to selected scenery location = about 45 secs. No complaints here.

With all the settings at the same levels as I had with v4.4 I can detect no drop in performance (ie. frame rate drop) and it might actually have given me a very slight uptick in average FPS.

All things considered things went quite well, though i'm sure i'll eventually identify something that needs updating etc...

FPS work fine on my side, (Unlocked FPS) I even dare to say that it goes smoother than the previous version which was going good as well...

Only Orbx scenes by the way, no more...

If  there's a fix on our way, always good to take!

Processor Intel (R) Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.00GHz RAM 16,0 Go ,Window 8.1 Pro 64 bits, Nvidia 1080GTX, Screen LCD Philips 4K 127cm (50 inches),resolution 3840/2160 60htz, 8 Goflight modules,CH Product Yoke, throttles and rudders.

Edited by lknfly

Is anyone the wiser for whether or not LM intends to release the fps fix independently of the cumulative fix that Rob McCarthy has advised of in the LM Prepar3D forum (fps thread locked for the time being)? He did advise that the cumulative fix will be released within the next few weeks, which is a long wait for those affected by fps issues.

Edited by LecLightning56

2 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Is anyone the wiser for whether or not LM intends to release the fps fix independently of the cumulative fix that Rob McCarthy has advised of in the LM Prepar3D forum (fps thread locked for the time being)? He did advise that the cumulative fix will be released within the next few weeks, which is a long wait for those affected by fps issues.

Don't assume such update will be a magic sponge, it might succeed or it might fail or it can marginally succeed.

Same speech for P3D V5, I do not expect fireworks but just some optimizations only.

Until someone will be brave enough to write a new flight simulator from scratch using modern engines, we will be always in the FSX era, just modernized like a good Mustang of late 60'.