Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

Bear in mind one thing....lot's of people don't experience any issues, so where they are going to start would be the question. Are they using vanilla SIM, how many add ons are used etc. I am not an expert but task would be big. Would same setting and decent performance on V4.4 be the same as in 4.5? Reading thru the all posts I see million different set ups, let alone PC configurations....locked FPS, unlocked...ORBX, no ORBX etc....

As of now I am the one with no issues whatsoever (made 5 flights, night/day, heavy weather). Slight concern flying and monitoring is my CPU usage...but since I been using only FSL will try PMDG to see if that's the only change so far.Other than that feels much better and smoother. Hopefully will stay that way....

Alex 

3 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Is anyone the wiser for whether or not LM intends to release the fps fix independently of the cumulative fix that Rob McCarthy has advised of in the LM Prepar3D forum (fps thread locked for the time being)? He did advise that the cumulative fix will be released within the next few weeks, which is a long wait for those affected by fps issues.

Well, outside of the upcoming hotfix, there is a way;

"In the meantime, there is, in fact, a workaround for this issue. Quoting Simbol, a P3D developer, the workaround is to “keep your autogen detail bars in the middle range until the hotfix is available.”

https://fselite.net/news/prepar3d-v4-5-hotfix-coming-soon/

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

43 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Well, outside of the upcoming hotfix, there is a way;

"In the meantime, there is, in fact, a workaround for this issue. Quoting Simbol, a P3D developer, the workaround is to “keep your autogen detail bars in the middle range until the hotfix is available.”

https://fselite.net/news/prepar3d-v4-5-hotfix-coming-soon/

Does not help here (PNW area). Anyway, flying in other areas helps too.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Mark II said:

Until someone will be brave enough to write a new flight simulator from scratch using modern engines, we will be always in the FSX era, just modernized like a good Mustang of late 60'.

Well, I don't think that's a good analogy. Parts of FSX don't exist in any way the same shape or form any more. Chunks are being replaced. it just isn't a complete rewrite all at once, but bit by bit -- evolution not revolution. 

XPlane has gone the same way. If you want a complete new sim written from scratch try Aerofly FS2. You'll need to wait whilst it gradually covers more of the world, of course, andhas all the bells and whistles added, but the main engine is all new.

I think the original basic Flight Sim design has proven itself over the years and has come a very long way, and I have seen them all right from Bruce Artwick's first version back in the 80's. P3D4, to me, is a massive achievement and I take my hat off to L-M.

Pete

• Like 10
  • Upvote 11

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, I don't think that's a good analogy. Parts of FSX don't exist in any way the same shape or form any more. Chunks are being replaced. it just isn't a complete rewrite all at once, but bit by bit -- evolution not revolution. 

XPlane has gone the same way. If you want a complete new sim written from scratch try Aerofly FS2. You'll need to wait whilst it gradually covers more of the world, of course, andhas all the bells and whistles added, but the main engine is all new.

I think the original basic Flight Sim design has proven itself over the years and has come a very long way, and I have seen them all right from Bruce Artwick's first version back in the 80's. P3D4, to me, is a massive achievement and I take my hat off to L-M.

Pete

Agree with simbol Pete, very well said. I too started with Bruce's original and the distance now from FSX is huge. 64 bit alone makes it a new sim IMHO.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

12 hours ago, Nemo said:

Does not help here (PNW area). Anyway, flying in other areas helps too.

Yea, it depends of the areas, but keeping the autogen in mid low levels helps a lot, specially with sttuters.

Not sure where FSELITE got my comment, I think I was helping someone in one of the Facebook groups and my advise helped one of the users, as you know I give advice to each person based on their current needs and system.

For example if someone tells me is using ORBX TE GB with 4.5, there is very little chance keeping the autogen in the middle will help given the amount of objects this addon has.

But there you go, now that became apparently the official work around 🤔

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simbol said:

But there you go, now that became apparently the official work around 🤔

Ah - becoming a legend in your own time , eh?

😈😂😃

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just chipping in to say that I definitely notice a significant reduction in performance going to 4.5.

And still no fix for the sound spooling engine issue... Disappointing update 

• Upvote 1

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

this issue they have found , does it involve the sim freezing up for a few seconds ? 

14ppkc-6.png

13 minutes ago, tooting said:

this issue they have found , does it involve the sim freezing up for a few seconds ? 

It sounds like the issue might pertain to excess rendering of autogen, either by amount or distance. So it's definitely a possibly that the sim just seizes up for a few seconds when the CPU is getting overloaded, trying to load a huge block of autogen. I've experienced it myself under 4.5.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

so i installed 4.5 over the last two days.  

I did a cleasn install of windows from scratch etc etc.

I did my first flight and thought i might have the issue.  then i realised I had game mode turned off and i hadnt added exceptions to windows defender.

I had a stutter fest of a landing and then added the required files to window defender and turned gamne mode on.  

Rebooted pc, did my second flight and all now seems good.  Nothing is ever easy is it.  

🙂  

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

It sounds like the issue might pertain to excess rendering of autogen, either by amount or distance. So it's definitely a possibly that the sim just seizes up for a few seconds when the CPU is getting overloaded, trying to load a huge block of autogen. I've experienced it myself under 4.5.

How do you get round it?? Lower range of autogen? iof you turn it off iot seems to fix it

It's awful.  It's paused and paused all the way Down my descent to Manchester tonight.  You littery can't look out the windows. 

Why don't they bother testing stuff anymore. 

I suppose the Saudis in Sharurah don't have autogen on their base

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Just completed a flight from FSDT KLAS to FSDT KLAX with ORBX SCA region.  Aircraft was the Maddog X, building autogen off, and vegetation at the lowest setting.  It was a stutter festival at both airports and had three freezes of over ten seconds during the flight.  

Matt Wilson

3 hours ago, tooting said:

How do you get round it?? Lower range of autogen? iof you turn it off iot seems to fix it

It's awful.  It's paused and paused all the way Down my descent to Manchester tonight.  You littery can't look out the windows. 

Why don't they bother testing stuff anymore. 

I suppose the Saudis in Sharurah don't have autogen on their base

Honestly, I've just given up and waiting for the fix. I still fly and take a sip of coffee during a freeze, so that's a lot of coffee. Mainly I just stick to some VFR around some less autogen dense areas.

Hopefully that hotfix is due any day now.