Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

Nope still stutters like a poodle trying to poo. 

If I run with no HT the sim stutters and finally  ctds

If I run with HT and no affinty it stutters 

If I run with HT and affinity it runs smooth but I get the pauses over autogen areas over cities. 

Was it last year was or this year LM said it was the year for the simmer? 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

With my 14 core 7940X I need to use an AM as I want 8 cores for P3D and 6 for addons.

My second view pc has a 8700K without AM.

For both pc’s I use batchfiles to start addons and assign them to specific cores.

Maybe you could get a job at LM to help them test thier stuff. 

When is this patch coming out? 

14ppkc-6.png

20 hours ago, tooting said:

gamne mode on.

Seriously!? Game mode on killed P3D. Stutters every minute! Bizzare how things work differently for different PC's. 

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

I am really wondering because this is the first p3d version where i don‘t get stutters and the sims run pretty smooth. Only affect ob fps has ai traffic for me. The reported fps issues are not there on my setup...

Carsten U

25 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Seriously!? Game mode on killed P3D. Stutters every minute! Bizzare how things work differently for different PC's. 

I've heard varying stories some people have it on some have it off? 

So after a day off faffing I reckon Ive cracked it.  My system needs HT on and the Affinity mask. 

With the autogen dialed down a bit. 

Thanks you for the help and advice everyone, nothings ever easy is it! 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

A little while ago I got regular stutters every 60s seconds on the dot. It drove me nuts. I reinstalled everything and eventually found out all I had to do was turn off game mode in Windows 10. *face slap*! 

Game mode on means Windows detects you are running a game and focuses all resources on that one application. Now my theory is that as P3D runs on multiple parts loading different applications eg external weather, addon traffic, orbx flow. All are some kind of program. Windows don't detect that these programs are associated with P3D, so it gives them the least possible CPU,GPU, RAM and power output available. This causes severe stuttering and low FPS in some cases. In theory, it sounds like a great idea, that windows can "optimize" and "boost" performance by focusing all the power on that one application, but in reality, most games do run multiple exes, so stuttering occurs. 

Other people have discussed it here:

Here is the post I created:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tooting said:

With the autogen dialed down a bit. 

Thanks you for the help and advice everyone, nothings ever easy is it! 

Glad you are ok until the hotfix is available.

This is what I have been advising from the beginning of the problem, to dial down the autogen to mid levels or even less when possible.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

Glad you are ok until the hotfix is available.

This is what I have been advising from the beginning of the problem, to dial down the autogen to mid levels or even less when possible.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thanks once again I just did a lovely sector from venice to naples, with zero issues. The kicker will be Gatwick on Tues 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, ols500 said:

A little while ago I got regular stutters every 60s seconds on the dot. It drove me nuts. I reinstalled everything and eventually found out all I had to do was turn off game mode in Windows 10. *face slap*! 

Game mode on means Windows detects you are running a game and focuses all resources on that one application. Now my theory is that as P3D runs on multiple parts loading different applications eg external weather, addon traffic, orbx flow. All are some kind of program. Windows don't detect that these programs are associated with P3D, so it gives them the least possible CPU,GPU, RAM and power output available. This causes severe stuttering and low FPS in some cases. In theory, it sounds like a great idea, that windows can "optimize" and "boost" performance by focusing all the power on that one application, but in reality, most games do run multiple exes, so stuttering occurs. 

Other people have discussed it here:

Here is the post I created:

Thanks. I guess the point is that P3D is not a game it is a simulation. So we need a "simulation" mode but that will never happen.

• Like 1

As I wait for the V4.5 fix to be released, would there be any advantage to get around the FPS issue and screen freezing by re-installing P3D v4.5 complete or wait for the fix to be released

Clive

What we need is LM too completely re-design the code for P3D, keep the same user interface, and make multicore usage and offload even more calculations to the GPU. That's what needs to happen in P3D V5. They also need to design the autogen loading mechanism.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware LM  do use new encoding in n V4.5, therefore it is also important for developers of add-ons to ensure that their add-ons are compatible with the code used by LM.  Maybe the new addons will comply but any of the older addons  may not comply and to my way of understanding that is why if users are using an older addon with software that has been developed using  new encoding that is where the problems begin and why not all users are affected  by current issues

Clive

1 hour ago, clive6354 said:

As I wait for the V4.5 fix to be released, would there be any advantage to get around the FPS issue and screen freezing by re-installing P3D v4.5 complete or wait for the fix to be released

Clive

Be patient and fly some nice VFR in pretty scenery!

I am rediscovering all my favorite airports in V4.5. and they have never looked better :smile:

• Like 2

Bert