Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

Actually, there's no reason to believe that Aerofly FS2 was even written from scratch. There was an Aerofly FS  version 1.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

If that's a "new" main engine, then we're in trouble...LOL.  I love ya Pete, but c'mon. 🙂 

I'm not sure what your point is, but aren't these speculative posts about the P3d "engine" becoming a bit tiresome? If you want to believe that it's the same as FSX, that's your choice. I think that Pete knows more about flight sims than anyone, except maybe the simulation staff of LM and LR.

Edited by jabloomf1230
  • Upvote 2

P3D is compatible with common hardware at the moment, that supports DIrect3D 11. Development is corridored by the constraints of doing things in a particular way for the GPU with those application programming methods. But it is true that much of the same file formats and systems are still in place since P3D also supports compatible software such as the addons available right now. So as Pete says the steps are incremental but also these steps are in line with hardware and what is generally around in the sites intended for it.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Steve, Nvidia released CUDA 10.1 😎

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

22 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

If that's a "new" main engine, then we're in trouble

So Aerofly FS2 is bad? I for one aren't in trouble as I don't use it!

I suspect you have misread something.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

22 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Actually, there's no reason to believe that Aerofly FS2 was even written from scratch. There was an Aerofly FS  version 1.

Ah, sorry. I should probably have said "AeroFly FS", though for all I know version 2 might have been a rewrite.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

18 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

So Aerofly FS2 is bad? I for one aren't in trouble as I don't use it!

I suspect you have misread something.

Pete

You know what, I did misread that.  I thought you were talking about P3D.  Sorry Pete.  I should have known you wouldn't have said that about P3D...LOL

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

On 4/17/2019 at 2:30 AM, clive6354 said:

Whilst many users wait for a fix to be issued in relation to low FPS in V4.5 do they return to using V4.4.

I had changed to V4.5 mainly to take advantage of the new night lighting, especially when used with words not allowed software but not possible at the moment

Clive Alexander

Well I tried returning back to 4.4 because apparently there's an issue with 4.5 causing FPS performance at night. I never had any problems before up until now and I know it's definitely not my system. Flying during the day though is flawless.