Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

FPS in V4.5 (waiting for a fix)

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Honestly, I've just given up and waiting for the fix. I still fly and take a sip of coffee during a freeze, so that's a lot of coffee. Mainly I just stick to some VFR around some less autogen dense areas. 

Hopefully that hotfix is due any day now.

Having worked in several software developement business I've garnered some pretty good hindsight in software release practises.

And testing is always a pain, but sooner or later you'll reach a testing stage where you'll think the software is good enough (no show stoppers you're aware of) and release, because basically you cannot just keep on testing indefinitely.

Of course as soon as you release many more people will be using the software in different circumstances and typically there are a whole new wave of problems to deal with that you never suspected even existed.

So onwards for the next release fixing those new probs and building new features at the same time.

I've seen release schedules, where identified issues and new features are added each week, can be hard to get a stable build though.

I've also seen where managment states a release date and come hell or high water out the software goes and then the org deals with any issues post release.

Still others don't do any testing at all other than what the developer may do themselves (hint, never a good idea to rely on a developer who is already under pressure, to subjectively test).

I've even seen software with years of investment costs and time just abandoned because of a change of management direction, FSX would be a good example but there are many more within Enterprise level software development that you'll never hear of.

So how do enterpise level orgs deal with the above types of issues?

They run multiple builds e.g. Test/Dev/Prod and always have a rollback option.

Not every one has the luxury to run multiple builds but for P3D it is the Client installer that provides rollback, install just the client, test under a variaty of conditions and if OK continue, otherwise rollback to the previous client.

I updated the client and just the additonal third party items needed, tested and noted issues, read forums, found out what was going on and then rolled back to v4.4 client so I could still happily sim while awaiting LM to deliver a fix.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I found the issue within 15 mins on my first flight...

15 mins.... Its a blatent one. 

If they hadn't got kicked loads of companies off their beta team like they did when the fsl saga happened, they would of found it before releasing. 

I won't sugarcoat or fluffy things up like most people. 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

I found the issue within 15 mins on my first flight...

15 mins.... Its a blatent one. 

If they hadn't got kicked loads of companies off their beta team like they did when the fsl saga happened, they would of found it before releasing. 

I won't sugarcoat or fluffy things up like most people. 

Is your issue happening with ORBX TE GB South by any chance?

Regards 

Simbol 

Just now, simbol said:

Is your issue happening with ORBX TE GB South by any chance?

Regards 

Simbol 

I dont have that,  i wouldnt buy that i fly tube liners into lgw and lhr.

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, tooting said:

I dont have that,  i wouldnt buy that i fly tube liners into lgw and lhr.

So what scenary you are using and P3D settings area your using when this is happening?

Can you also list your hardware pls?

simbol 

8700k cpu

1080ti gfx card

16 gig DDR ram

affinty mask on with hyper threading

orbx lc europe

orbx global

night environment

black marble vector

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

21 minutes ago, tooting said:

8700k cpu

1080ti gfx card

16 gig DDR ram

affinty mask on with hyper threading

orbx lc europe

orbx global

night environment

black marble vector

Ok,

LM changed some CPU routines to improve performance during the last build, remove the Affinity Mask for the moment a this might be having an adverse effect.

Set VSync On and triple buffering enabled, change also your texture resolution to Medium, the idea is avoiding your GPU from starving from VRAM which will cause stutters and why when people delete the prepar3d.cfg file helps until they ramp up again their settings.

This is a bug, yes, but if you have very good hardware and you use VSYNC + T buffering, locked at 30 FPS you might not notice this issue.

Please note that beta testers do not have all the add-on's that exist for P3D, for example I do not own ORBX Germany which is one of the areas reported that had problems, more over many 3rd party products require specific updates by their original developers in order to work with the latest version of P3D making it very difficult (almost impossible) not only for Lockheed Martin but also for any members of the beta team like myself to test P3D against 3rd party products.

However each 3rd party developer can perform test of their own products during the entire beta cycle, so in a way it is their responsibility to verify that P3D is working as expected with their own products, ORBX has plenty of beta members inside the program (one of the largest) so I would have imagine they were testing their sceneries with the new version.

Kind Regards,
Simbol 

42 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok,

LM changed some CPU routines to improve performance during the last build, remove the Affinity Mask for the moment a this might be having an adverse effect.

Set VSync On and triple buffering enabled, change also your texture resolution to Medium, the idea is avoiding your GPU from starving from VRAM which will cause stutters and why when people delete the prepar3d.cfg file helps until they ramp up again their settings.

This is a bug, yes, but if you have very good hardware and you use VSYNC + T buffering, locked at 30 FPS you might not notice this issue.

Please note that beta testers do not have all the add-on's that exist for P3D, for example I do not own ORBX Germany which is one of the areas reported that had problems, more over many 3rd party products require specific updates by their original developers in order to work with the latest version of P3D making it very difficult (almost impossible) not only for Lockheed Martin but also for any members of the beta team like myself to test P3D against 3rd party products.

However each 3rd party developer can perform test of their own products during the entire beta cycle, so in a way it is their responsibility to verify that P3D is working as expected with their own products, ORBX has plenty of beta members inside the program (one of the largest) so I would have imagine they were testing their sceneries with the new version.

Kind Regards,
Simbol 

ok ill try without the affinty mask and hyper threading off ? or on ?

it was oridginally on with a affinty mask as below

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=1365

texture resolution is medium. thanks simbol

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Whatever they gonna include in the fix, I hope this wont revert the draw distance in the night. This looks simply phenomenal.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

nope symbol turned off Hyper threading, got rid of affinty mask. the pausing it still there.  they need to release a patch. they have not tested their software properly. 

The pause is when you click off the sim to use vpilot to fold a flightplan for example then click back on the sim

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, tooting said:

nope symbol turned off Hyper threading, got rid of affinty mask. the pausing it still there.  they need to release a patch. they have not tested their software properly. 

Hi Tooting,

I meant just disable Affinity Mask, leave HT enabled.

Did you enable VSync + Triple buffering and lock FPS to 30?

@AnkH Has almost the exact hardware as you, and he doesn't experience the issue, this demonstrate how difficult it is to identify this bug during testing.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Did you enable VSync + Triple buffering and lock FPS to 30?

@AnkH

Yes that's done. 

I'll try putting HT on again. 

Cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

9 minutes ago, tooting said:

The pause is when you click off the sim to use vpilot to fold a flightplan for example then click back on the sim

I'm sorry, but why did you upgrade to 4.5 in the first place? Understandable if you didn't see this thread, but if you did see this thread and went ahead anyway... well...

In either case, just go back to 4.4. It takes 2 minutes to replace the client. Seriously, it's not worth the time trying to get 4.5 to work.

With my 14 core 7940X I need to use an AM as I want 8 cores for P3D and 6 for addons.

My second view pc has a 8700K without AM.

For both pc’s I use batchfiles to start addons and assign them to specific cores.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0