Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Spot the improvements from the trailer ;)

Okay here's an interesting exercise... How many improvements to FS have you noticed by watching the trailer...?For me I noticed:1. Reflections of objects on the water2. Very realistic ocean animations3. Wintip vorticees (747)4. Animated people5. Animated wildlife6. Higher res terrain and textures7. Sunlight bloom? as you fly through clouds <- very nice8. Almost mirror like reflection on metal scenery objects9. Improved rotor wash fx10. Very realistic sunlight modelling on waves (aka environment modelling)11. Scenery reflected in ocean/waters12. Improved terrain mesh modelling, looks very smooth and roundedI'm going to go watch the trailer again, lol I can't remember everything else I've seen...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

I like this topic. :)Lets see the list that you have.2. Very realistic ocean animations What animiation? there was no water animation 3. Wintip vorticees (747): Really! I didn't see this.. let me go see it againHmmm...Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>2. Very realistic ocean animations What animiation? there>was no water animation Look closely in the HD version, there's nice water animation, it's kind of a cross animation and the 'phasing' issues have been resolved...I also noticed on the CES video that the boats in the dock were 'rocking' due to wave action, thanks Tdragger for making reference to that in another thread... :)Some of the stuff in the videos is real subtle, but it's there... :D

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest unitedpilot36

Notice the dirt the extra kicks up off the ground after it flies through the pillars.

>Okay here's an interesting exercise... How many improvements>to FS have you noticed by watching the trailer...?>>For me I noticed:>>12. Improved terrain mesh modelling, looks very smooth and>rounded>actually that's bad. fs has always rounded shapes when they are supposed to be sharp. just look at a mountain. this is part of a low resolution mesh. i am waiting for:- weather effects on aircraft dynamics- water on the ground, splash effects (NFS had it 8 years ago ffs)- multiple lightning sources in the VC, not pathetic lightmap emulation- proper atc- a proper way to move around the VC, cabin, outside, scenery. this should be built in with limits, points etc. - functional airport facilities

Guest Raptor483

Also notice when it shows the traffic on the streets. Notice that there are cars coming onto an on-ramp on to the main highway. Could there be cars and trucks on every visible road, instead of just the highways?Take a look at the HD trailer and see what I am talking about.

Oh! Ok.Thanks Andre.Does it mean.. when a heavy 747 lands on a foggy airport..we would see those wing vortices in action on the fog layer?:)I had asked for this here about 3 months ago..and even posted some shots. TD didn't say anything at that time.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search:(Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Okay here's an interesting exercise... How many improvements>to FS have you noticed by watching the trailer...?>>For me I noticed:>>1. Reflections of objects on the water>2. Very realistic ocean animations>3. Wintip vorticees (747)>4. Animated people>5. Animated wildlife>6. Higher res terrain and textures>7. Sunlight bloom? as you fly through clouds <- very nice>8. Almost mirror like reflection on metal scenery objects>9. Improved rotor wash fx>10. Very realistic sunlight modelling on waves (aka>environment modelling)>11. Scenery reflected in ocean/waters>12. Improved terrain mesh modelling, looks very smooth and>rounded>>I'm going to go watch the trailer again, lol I can't remember>everything else I've seen...If you keep up with what has been posted, you'd know this without seeing the video, LOL ;-)I;m scared to know how many times you have watched the video, LOLRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

i have list of 45 improvements in FSX that I know of. But not all are driven from the trailer video!

>>12. Improved terrain mesh modelling, looks very smooth and>>rounded>>>>>actually that's bad. fs has always rounded shapes when they>are supposed to be sharp. just look at a mountain. this is>part of a low resolution mesh. >I think what he means is that with the higher res mesh, there is more definition to what is seen.Higher res mesh = always better. As I'm sure you already know, higher res mesh means we have a better chance to see craggy sharp peaks, when they exist in the real terrain. If they don't exist, then they shouldn't appear--and higher res mesh will allow that to show in the sim.>- water on the ground, splash effects (NFS had it 8 years ago>ffs)This is inRhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JoJoDawg

>Okay here's an interesting exercise... How many improvements>to FS have you noticed by watching the trailer...?>>For me I noticed:>>1. Reflections of objects on the water>2. Very realistic ocean animations>3. Wintip vorticees (747)>4. Animated people>5. Animated wildlife>6. Higher res terrain and textures>7. Sunlight bloom? as you fly through clouds <- very nice>8. Almost mirror like reflection on metal scenery objects>9. Improved rotor wash fx>10. Very realistic sunlight modelling on waves (aka>environment modelling)>11. Scenery reflected in ocean/waters>12. Improved terrain mesh modelling, looks very smooth and>rounded>>I'm going to go watch the trailer again, lol I can't remember>everything else I've seen...Just adding some more that I have seen just from this vid.13. Airport Vehicles14. Wing Flex15. Road Traffic 16. Ski pads for snow landings17. New planes18. Horizon Haze19. A lot of Camera options.20. MissonsIs it me or did the overcast right before the rescue look 10x better than fs9? Almost ActiveSky like.Also I think someone in this thread already said Dust coming up during the Red Bull shot.

lol it's been a few days, my internet has been down...actually i only saw the video about 5 times at most, one was frame by frame as I couldn't see the HD trailer so I watched it frame by frame...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR