Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

How many detailed airports will there be in the new FSX?

Guest kurtj

I am hoping that all major airports that have airline operations serving them will be detailed in FSX, but I am not sure if this is going to happen but how many do you think will have the accurate jetways and terminals? I would like to see more airports in the future as far as screenshots as well as cities at different locals.

Guest tdragger

It depends on what you mean by detailed. We use a generic building system for many airports and do custom buildings at a handful. However, even the generic terminals should have jetways. In fact, I think every airport that has a terminal building (several thousand??) will all have working jetways.

Awesome, 3rd party scenery is something I'm usually not willing to spend money on so jetways at thousands of airports with terminals is certainly good news to me.Andrew

Hi,Hopefully all set to Extremely Dense (like current jetways) so I can set the scenery density to Dense and eliminate them all, since I fly in the 1950's and 60's. :)Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest kurtj

>It depends on what you mean by detailed. We use a generic>building system for many airports and do custom buildings at a>handful. However, even the generic terminals should have>jetways. In fact, I think every airport that has a terminal>building (several thousand??) will all have working jetways.I mean detailed like the aiports KLAX, KORD, KMIA, KJFK etc. Those airports even though are default airports without Cloud9 LAX and some of the other scenery packages are very nicely detailed with accurate terminals. Whereas aiports like KSAN, KMSP, KMKE, KDTW and many others are like you say look very generic with generic buildings.

Guest defpotec

>It depends on what you mean by detailed.I think he means the airports with custom scenery as oppossed to auto gen.>In fact, I think every airport that has a terminal>building (several thousand??) will all have working jetways.Oh, for a second there I thought you said "working jetways". What? You did say that? That's pretty cool, even though I'm in to flying GA stuff into grass strips and small airports. It will be a nice touch and I'm sure as soon as more people realize that you said "working", they will be excited too.

And for online flyers or for simmers who just want to taxi to their gate using charts, it would be nice if the gates are numbered to match their real-life counterparts.John

Hi Tom,I have not used AFCAD editor but your suggestion is very helpful. Do you mean that I can edit the AFCAD and add gate numbers and they will actually be visible labels at the gates without requiring any texture files?John