Sign in to follow this  
PapiPC12

PC12 gauges click spots

On the Carenado PC12 the click spots for the lower GNS530 don't line up with with the knobs.  I have an update file that I got from these forums but even though the upper GNS works the lower one doesn't

If someone could tell me how to do it my self so I can do it in the future for other aircraft that would be great.

1 hour ago, GamingMasterLV99 said:

even though the upper GNS works the lower one doesn't

Hi Gamer,

The lower unit was not intended to have a 3rd party gauge installed there is the reason I believe the knobs work differently. Using the RXP530PC12.exe file it only installs the upper unit. Fortunately RXP allows us the install a second lower unit.
Click spots lower unit viewed from default eyepoint.
Orange = Outer Knob
Yellow = Inner Knob
Red = Push Knob

hpuig6U.png

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Orange = Outer Knob
Yellow = Inner Knob
Red = Push Knob

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, this helps, and makes me wonder: have you tried "Use Legacy Mouse Knob Handling" ? You'd get a single encompassing click spot for the 3 actions. Thus you'd use left mouse button (CCW), right mouse button (CW), middle mouse button (push) instead.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

have you tried "Use Legacy Mouse Knob Handling" ?

Yes, I'd forgotten about that.
In addition to left and right clicks (CCW & CW) I found you can also rotate the mouse wheel to turn CCW & CW when over the appropriate click spot. Middle mouse button works as well for the button push.

On this particular aircraft the PC12 the upper unit works using the Legacy Mouse Knob Handling as well as the lower unit except finding the button push click spot. Can't seem to find it when using Legacy Mouse Knob Handling.

Edited by BillS511

15 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

except finding the button push click spot

When using Legacy Mouse Knob handling you click the middle mouse button (the wheel is a button with most mouses) over the inner knob click area.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@RXP
I knew the mouse wheel is also the middle mouse button. No problem there.
My error was not thinking that the inner knob click spot is also the button push. All is fine now. One of those senior moments.😖

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

I have legacy knobs on but I can never seem to get the inner knob and outer knob to work constantly