Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

AEROSOFT AIRBUS A318/A319 PROFESSIONAL UPDATE

On 4/18/2019 at 5:26 PM, Greggy_D said:

I take it the managed speed bug isn't fixed yet.  (Where the plane just falls out of the sky.)

bloody hell. its that bad? 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

bloody hell. its that bad? 

Just about. Sometimes the speed will be just above stall speed. Other times not so lucky! There's like a 279 thread post on the Aerosoft forums with absolutely no solution.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, JasonPC said:

But hey improved connected flight deck so you can fall out of the sky with a friend!

to this day i dont know why people are using it.  why would you use an addon that would let you fall out the sky.  more to the point why did they release it when you could fall out of the sky

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, JasonPC said:

There's like a 279 thread post on the Aerosoft forums with absolutely no solution.

bloody hell

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

bloody hell

Actually, this issue has affected roughly 30 or so people out of over 10,000.  I've made more flights in the Airbus than probably anyone else (I've had it for years before it was released, so I'm understating, it's actually in incredible number of full flights, not to mention the testing), and I've never experienced it.

The good news is that one of our programmers spent many hours and upon hours trying to create it, and after 6 months of trying to do so he finally did experience it.  Even though this only affects an incredible small number of people relative to the number of people who have the Airbus, we want it working for everyone 100% of the time and our programmers are working hard to correct.

Guys, I'm not allowed to engage in support here, but there is a great thread in our forums on this.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/143363-managed-speed-issues/

My very best wishes to everyone.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, this issue has affected less than 30 people out of over 10,000.

Bull.  There are many more people that haven't reported it on your site.  And you're saying only 10,000 people have bought the new Airbus?  Bull.

• Upvote 1

How do you know its a magical figure of 30?

Can you do my lottery numbers next week Dave? 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

18 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Bull.  There are many more people that haven't reported it on your site.  And you're saying only 10,000 people have bought the new Airbus?  Bull.

Look, we can only go on what is reported to us, you understand that, right?  Do you know how many false reports have been made over the years on all sorts of products from many different developers?

Please, let's be rationale.  It's a problem for a few, and we're devoted to resolving it.  Not sure what else you want my friend.

17 minutes ago, tooting said:

How do you know its a magical figure of 30?

Can you do my lottery numbers next week Dave? 

Because that is roughly the number of people who have reported the issue to us.  As I explained above, that is all we can go on and beleive me, after 36+ years in this community I'm pretty aware of what goes on. 

I popped in to provide accurate and verifiable information in order to be helpful.  If you don't want to hear it, then just tell me.  But trying to stir things up about a product you don't even own and haven't tried?  Come on guys, we're all flight simmers and need to treat each other with respect.

Many thanks, and best wishes.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Apparently you know the numbers, why don't you tell us?

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

I have never had the fall out of the sky issue.. but today I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest A320/A319 update and when I started P3dv4.5 it was unbelievably slow. Every click of the mouse took 20 to 30 seconds to respond. I would press the start APU and 20 seconds late it would click on

Turns out it had nothing to do with the airbus update. It was MS Windows 10 security update that kept failing to install, downloading, and trying to install again. (451 times)!!

Once I had dealt with that, things returned to normal (Phew)!!

10 hours ago, Vindeballe said:

Apparently you know the numbers, why don't you tell us?

To be honest, I completely understand someone being upset if they are one of the few who have this problem and nobody at Aerosoft blames them for it.. In fact, it's been extremely frustrating for us especially trying to replicate it and then trying to figure out what's causing it for just a small group - it would be miles easier and faster to solve if everyone had it! 

But I have to say how terrific our customers have been in helping us to figure this out and our Program Manager Mathjis knows this too. In all my years in this hobby and all the developers and products I've worked with I have never known any dev who cared more about their customers than Mathijs Kok. It's really something to see in our meetings! Anyway, we all hate that this issue occurred no matter it only affects such few people and our team is working hard to figure it out, in fact its slowed our work on things like CLPDC and some other things.

My sincere and best wishes to everyone here.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Wow a lot of cynical people here.  Better question is why don't you trust someone who has spent more time with the product than anyone and is a tester for Aerosoft?  I think he knows what he is talking about.   As with every issue in FS just because it happens to you or a small amount of people doesn't mean its happening to everyone.  For example see that Couatl issue with GSX over Canada.  You're also asking someone to recreate an issue with probably a million variables since everyone has different systems, addon combinations, versions, etc.  

Just relax....

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Wow a lot of cynical people here.  Better question is why don't you trust someone who has spent more time with the product than anyone and is a tester for Aerosoft?  I think he knows what he is talking about.   As with every issue in FS just because it happens to you or a small amount of people doesn't mean its happening to everyone.  For example see that Couatl issue with GSX over Canada.  You're also asking someone to recreate an issue with probably a million variables since everyone has different systems, addon combinations, versions, etc.  

Just relax....

I thank you Jason, very kind of you. But I don't mind. I'm a full on flight sim addict myself and I know what its like not to be able to enjoy a product I've been looking forward to using. It, well, it really sucks to be there.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges