Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

AEROSOFT AIRBUS A318/A319 PROFESSIONAL UPDATE

3 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

Wow a lot of cynical people here.  Better question is why don't you trust someone who has spent more time with the product than anyone and is a tester for Aerosoft?  I think he knows what he is talking about.   As with every issue in FS just because it happens to you or a small amount of people doesn't mean its happening to everyone.  For example see that Couatl issue with GSX over Canada.  You're also asking someone to recreate an issue with probably a million variables since everyone has different systems, addon combinations, versions, etc.  

Just relax....

People got burned with the crj and probably feel they have got burned with the 32x too. 

14ppkc-6.png

34 minutes ago, tooting said:

People got burned with the crj and probably feel they have got burned with the 32x too. 

Respectfully, there is no need to guess at this.  You can simply go to our Airbus forums and see that is not the case.

Guessing only hurts the community.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

your guessing its only 30 with the issue.  Same as when Andrew from FSL said he had 1000s of happy customers because hes sold over 1000 units.  Both are bent statements and you know it.

Youre fudging stats and presuming  based upon what happens on a forumn that mathis decides whats right and wrong. 

I can assure you the reputation of aerosoft amonst the community has gone down in the 5 years and by mathias deleting posts on his forumn hasnt helped him either.  

Once again if you can read peoples mind and pin it down to a round 30, then once again please do my lottery numbers next week you must have super powers 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

51 minutes ago, tooting said:

your guessing its only 30 with the issue.  Same as when Andrew from FSL said he had 1000s of happy customers because hes sold over 1000 units.  Both are bent statements and you know it.

Youre fudging stats and presuming  based upon what happens on a forumn that mathis decides whats right and wrong. 

I can assure you the reputation of aerosoft amonst the community has gone down in the 5 years and by mathias deleting posts on his forumn hasnt helped him either.  

Once again if you can read peoples mind and pin it down to a round 30, then once again please do my lottery numbers next week you must have super powers 

Sorry my friend, you get that I work for Aerosoft (Corporate), right?  I'm just not sure how you think I'm guessing my friend.

I suppose I'll have to accept that you won't accept my statements or the logic I've tried to share with you has failed to penetrate, and that's okay.  As far as I'm concerned you're welcome to your opinion even if you don't own and have never tried the product.  I do think however that you'd change your mind if you did.

No hostility towards you from my end, and I wish you the very best, but this conversation needs two open minds and I think you've made it clear that you're is firmly shut.

Best wishes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I popped in to provide accurate and verifiable information in order to be helpful.  If you don't want to hear it, then just tell me.  But trying to stir things up about a product you don't even own and haven't tried?  Come on guys, we're all flight simmers and need to treat each other with respect.

Dave,

In fairness, many of us here have long memories. Last year you posted a very strong attack on FSLabs following the DRM issues. After you posted, you asked the Avsim Mods to close your post to further replies. That action was indeed contradictory to your previous post.

We get it...you work for Aerosoft. Others here are posting their displeasure with recent Aerosoft offerings, for valid reasons. I believe you are being respectfully asked to validate those concerns.

I, too, bought the A/S CRJ and waited almost 12 months before it was flyable. I'm very grateful that FSL has provided us a terrific alternative.

Rob

10 minutes ago, rmeier said:

After you posted, you asked the Avsim Mods to close your post to further replies.

Sorry my friend, I have never, not once in my life asked any moderator to close any post/thread I was involved in - at least the best of my recollection.  If you have information to the contrary I'd would really appreciate you sharing it.

I do recall posting about the FSLabs DRM issue, but I would have done that regardless of the company/developer who did such a thing.  At no time did I bash the product, and it's a terrific one in my opinion save for the fps issue that many have.

So I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this thread.

14 minutes ago, rmeier said:

Others here are posting their displeasure with recent Aerosoft offerings, for valid reasons. I believe you are being respectfully asked to validate those concerns.

Well, I'll have to disagree that they are being respectful, but it's okay, I understand the OWNER of a product voicing displeasure, as I've said quite a few times in this thread.

15 minutes ago, rmeier said:

I, too, bought the A/S CRJ and waited almost 12 months before it was flyable. I'm very grateful that FSL has provided us a terrific alternative.

The CRJ was developed by a different developer, not Aerosoft.  Aerosoft is merely the publisher.  So I don't see he relevance in this thread.

In fairness, I don't understand why you even posted.  All I did was provide facts here, and I think I've been very open, honest, and respectful in doing so even when others have only wanted to create annomosity.

I have to say, thinking about it, I'm going to have to ask that you retract your statement about my asking for a thread to be closed, or provide some evidence of that.  Would you please do so?

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

12 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry my friend, I have never, not once in my life asked any moderator to close any post/thread I was involved in - at least the best of my recollection.  If you have information to the contrary I'd would really appreciate you sharing it.

I do recall posting about the FSLabs DRM issue, but I would have done that regardless of the company/developer who did such a thing.  At no time did I bash the product, and it's a terrific one in my opinion save for the fps issue that many have.

So I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this thread.

Well, I'll have to disagree that they are being respectful, but it's okay, I understand the OWNER of a product voicing displeasure, as I've said quite a few times in this thread.

The CRJ was developed by a different developer, not Aerosoft.  Aerosoft is merely the publisher.  So I don't see he relevance in this thread.

In fairness, I don't understand why you even posted.  All I did was provide facts here, and I think I've been very open, honest, and respectful in doing so even when others have only wanted to create annomosity.

I have to say, thinking about it, I'm going to have to ask that you retract your statement about my asking for a thread to be closed, or provide some evidence of that.  Would you please do so?

By the way... I only started working for Aerosoft Corporate this year, so my post about the DRM debacable wasn't about competition.  To be clear, the FSL Airbus and the Aerosoft Airbus are two different products for two different markets, there is no competition from our perspective and if we felt otherwise then we'd have taken them to court over using our Virtual Cockpit in their Release version of their Airbus... but we excepted their apology and moved on, but it was a total camper move to even use our VC during development, let alone release. Keep in mind that VC Graphics represent the largest single amount of work of any airliner project.

Moreover, two weeks ago I reminded our CEO and Program Manager that I would warn the entire flight sim community if I found a security issue with our brand new Networked Based Connected Flight Deck (which even though it's in Beta, it's really something!).  That was me reminding them both of what was essentially a threat.

I have a long history of doing what is right in and for the flight sim world, and I think most people know that I care more about flight sim and the community than any of the developers I've worked for (Majestic, Leonardo, Aerosoft, and many more).  But if any of them pulled the a stunt with their DRM software then I'd not only quit, I'd warn the community and then hammer them for it.  But they are all wonderful people and terrific developers who truly care about our community, and they would never do something like that.

Best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Edit. Life to sort.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think this thread needs to be closed.

What value it brings to the rest of the community is dubious and it personally cause me displeasure to read the on just how off topic this has become.

Yes, I want the Aerosoft Airbus to be perfect.. don't we all. And no-one can say that Aerosoft has not been active in producing updates..and some updates causing more issues.. but the Professional series has been out for a while now and they continue to bring out patches and updates. I applaud this.

It is clear to me the reading some of the responses there are other agendas to cook here. Some of the participants have clearly been unsatisfied with Aerosoft as a company, their products, or their responses.

As for me  - you pay for what you get. I have never attached any significance to just how in depth the A320/A319 simulated the real Bus.. I just enjoyed it for what was on offer. It seems to me you get a lot for the price.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I Agree with Ray, and frankly the comments just above his are totally uncalled for IMHO, but it seems to be his style..🙄

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 1

so long as people are prepared to buy half finished junk, then half finished junk will get sold to make profit.  its not rocket science 

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Aerosoft sold it to make profit, its not rocket science.  they were very happy to take peoples moneys in return for a cut on the sale of each unit sold.

At my airline if someone complains that the in-flight food is/was  junk, we don't say sorry the food is brought in from an external supplier so nothing to do with us its part of the unit (the seat) we sell to them.

If i go to mcdonalds and the lettuce is manky, they dont say "sorry mate the lettuce is not our product only the patty is"

Aerosoft sold the item from another business (which was defective), in turn to make profit from it, and then they cant quite fathom why those customers might be somewhat wary of the a32x

If aersoft thought the crj and airbus wasnt worthy for sale they should of taken it off the shelf reguards of wether is was cheap or expensive. 

Same with my airline if a caterer comes to us with a cheap horrible salad to put on the economy food tray and we say no thanks and we  dont put the salad on the tray or we use a different supplier with a better quality salad.   we dont put a horrible salad on the tray and then say to the punters sorry thats not our salad so tough luck,

if they sorted out the bugs and got the connected flight deck working id buy it tomorrow, but after buying the crj and never using it due to the bugs Im not going to give them my hard earned cash for the idea of shared flight deck on a plane that might or might not fall out the sky

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

This is a thread about the latest Aerosoft Airbus update. I am not sure what you try to add to this topic by complaining about the CRJ. Just for the record, I have used the CRJ and the A320 from the day when they were released and never had major issues with either.

Peter

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2