Sign in to follow this  
kyrillos

New airports in ultimate traffic live

Hi Lee-

FPS with AIM has not been a problem for me, yet. Setting the slider at 1 gives me more traffic than I need at some airports, which I then trim down with STB.

Cheers,

Mark

8 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Lee-

FPS with AIM has not been a problem for me, yet. Setting the slider at 1 gives me more traffic than I need at some airports, which I then trim down with STB.

Cheers,

Mark

I've been experimenting a bit with the AIM maximum percentage setting. That can make a difference. 

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

4 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Yes, you can use both. AIM is controlled by the in sim slider, so you have to turn off the default bgl files first. I still prefer UTL because of the lower footprint it imposes on the sim. AIM is terrific, but you are now back to loading ai directly inside the sim so the FPS will drop faster if you go to high densities of traffic.

There are actually no performance gains using UTL's injected traffic vs bgl. The only reason UTL would give you better frames is simply because it's injecting a lot less traffic into your traffic bubble.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

There are actually no performance gains using UTL's injected traffic vs bgl. The only reason UTL would give you better frames is simply because it's injecting a lot less traffic into your traffic bubble.

Curious, as I run UTL at 50% and AIM at 20-25 % and see equal performance. If I raise AIM to 50% I lose  performance compared to UTL. 

Lee

Lee H

31 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Curious, as I run UTL at 50% and AIM at 20-25 % and see equal performance. If I raise AIM to 50% I lose  performance compared to UTL.

Doesn't negates Dave_YVR's point. That 20-25% from AIM is likely to have many more airlines and many more aircraft assigned to models in the traffic files than the same percentage of UTL traffic.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

40 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

It all comes down to a combination of how many aircraft are in your immediate proximity at their highest lod as well as how many others are within your traffic bubble.  

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

It all comes down to a combination of how many aircraft are in your immediate proximity at their highest lod as well as how many others are within your traffic bubble.  

I see, UTL is "sparsing" it out a bit more. I wouldn't be surprised if the AIM guys develop something like that for their program. Anyway, if UTL ever updates the Power Pack, that will be the ticket for editing airport names and FPs.

Lee H

UTL's schedules aren't optimized in any way whereas AIG's are. UTL injects how ever many aircraft are needed to fulfill its schedule, there's no consideration to how many aircraft of each type are in any airlines fleet whereas the AIG plans are based on accurate fleet numbers for the time period sampled.

I just want to add cargo traffic such as Atlas Air, Air Bridge, DHL, and of course FedEx and UPS. Is the installation really as easy as they make it sound over on the AIG Manager forum?

21 minutes ago, Bigt said:

I just want to add cargo traffic such as Atlas Air, Air Bridge, DHL, and of course FedEx and UPS. Is the installation really as easy as they make it sound over on the AIG Manager forum?

It really is easy. The only mildly tougher part is the initial setup of the AI Manager and that's only because its new. As far as I remember Atlas and AirBridge are included with UTL (no repaints mind you which is far more common than it should be), but AIG's plans, as well as the models and paints, simply crush the UTL versions anyways. So you will wonder why you have payware AI at all.

I recently installed AI AIG and have some doubts. As I see that there are people here with a lot of knowledge on the subject, I would like to know if you can help me with a couple of questions.
I have read here that to use AIG, it is recommended to disable default bgl. How do you do this? What bgl should be deactivated?
On the other hand, since I use AIG, planes rarely have contrails, or at least I don't see them.
I have to configure some parameter in the settings so that they appear ?. Although as much as I have searched, I have not seen anything about it. I have also searched the official forum, but I have not found anything that clarifies it.
Thank you

in ?:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\  change trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.Off

As to contrails, I did not change anything and still had visible contrails.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

7 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

in ?:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\  change trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.Off

As to contrails, I did not change anything and still had visible contrails.

Is this to be done so that Daedelus and other default airplanes don't show up as you increase the traffic slider within P3D?

Yes, you are correct -"trafficAircraft.bgl.off" completely nullifies all default traffic. - no traffic, unless you supply it.

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you! Just installed this program yesterday but I did not deactivate the default traffic.