Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

RESENTIUM - GLOBAL EARTH X-PLANE 11 - New product!

Personally I don't feel like people should be 'rewarding' them by blindly buying their product, at least not until they tighten up that marketing, release the promised video or see some more in-depth previews from other sources. It has already set a bad precedent within the flight sim community, that has spawned a lot of mediocre, overpriced products that never saw any real post-launch support. Their initial marketing is woeful.

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't ORBX developing something like this?

Yes, they call theirs FTX global but I believe I read somewhere that they have elected to drop the FTX part. It's what they have available for FSX and P3D. I was actually waiting for it's release as it had changed my FSX and P3D for the better.I was looking forward to installing this for X plane. I might give it a go.

Edited by sbague1

I prefer Ortho Scenery and overlays I have for it that I made for Xplane11 with Ortho4XP.  It does not cover all of the world, but it does cover the Southwestern US from roughly Amarillo Texas to the California coast, and up into most of Northern California and covering all of Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and much of Utah.  And I also have all of Hawaii.  I wish it were not so dang large, it would be great to add to Avsim's library.  It is fps friendly and much fun to fly over, even if it is not seasonal scenery. 

Mainly I fly without my autogen overlays but they are there if I want to do a bit of Bush flying.  Sometimes I have thought about giving up my P3D photoreal so I could add more Xplane11 photoreal, or at least my Wyoming and Colorado scenery so I could complete all of California up to southern Oregon.  It is because of Ortho4XP that I somewhat favor Xplane11 over P3DV4 having both I feel it makes me a fair judge. 

I can duplicate the feel of flying better in Xplane11 because of the way it handles wind, plus the latest 11.3x upgrade is really a holy grail for me with smoke and cloud effects.  P3DV4 still offers me some good aircraft, especially my own ultralight trike, the RealAir Duke, and the interesting Columban Cri Cri, a great little ultralight.  Both sims make me happy but as I said this is a safe forum to say I give the nod to Xplane11.

Also for realistic bush flying, let's not forget sim heavens free tree upgrade, which makes the forests much more realistic, such as seen in the screenshots for this up and coming add-on the thread mentions.

John

• Like 1

Dropping the price already says it all, trying to fleece people for an absurd amount, failing that trying to make any money on it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

I'm sorry, the company name just sounds like a magic trick from Harry Potter 🙂

Appears to have been pulled from Simmarket, unless I am mistaken?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

No more available at SimMarket...😫

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Looks like 1.0.1 was released and now they added some more information, better screenshots and a couple of videos; https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/177898-resentium-global-earth-release-version-101/

Still don't see much difference though, to be honest. Second video has also been copyright blocked almost everywhere.

Edited by Sethos1988

I honestly can't see any difference :P. I don't know what this developer is doing, but something doesn't seem right here.

This looks very suspicious indeed.

At least some good screenshots would be nice.... These dark, low-res pictures are a red flag...be warned

Yeah, can't really figure out if these guys are just very green in the marketing department or if they are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. No comparisons, screenshots where it's hard to make out anything and the rest barely looks like an improvement. To top it off, they release two videos full of copyrighted music. Some people can't watch either because of it.

As far as I can tell, the buildings are the ones from Laminar, but with adjusted texture color. I hope they got the permissions from Laminar, otherwise there will be in serious trouble.

But let's give them the benefit of doubt. Replacing the whole texture set is a huge undertaking that nobody tackled till then, except for the coming product by MisterX6. Indeed, we need comparisons. And very few will buy the product if it's not clearly better than the default.

And, IMHO, the people should refrain from using bad language and bullying a new developer. Producing textures is a lot of work, whatever the result.

Pascal

• Like 3

I think we are not bullying a new developer here. 70 dollars is a lot of money for an add-on. The video's they show are beyond redicilous with no close-up what so ever.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Everyone must do what they have to but I'm not going to spend money here. If their product proves to be ok then I'm the first to grab some cash